cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Honor 8

xCameron94x
Mayor / Maire

Does anyone have an Honor 8 phone? Is it any good and does your model work with PM for LTE. Newegg is having a sale on some phones and I might pick one up. Just want to get an opinion on the phone. I cant find the model # on newegg to make sure if it will actully work with PM

7 REPLIES 7

bbdata
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@xCameron94x  I know someone who is using the Honor 8 on Public Mobile. So I can say it will work.

Regarding the opinion on the phone, he's satisified with it for the price he paid, but he also used a Moto G1 prior. He does enjoy the phone much more than that though, that's for sure.

im just really not a fan of 5.5 inch phones. If i were I would get the G4 plus (for stock android) or the One plus 3T. But i tried my friends note 5 and just was not a fan of how big the screen is. 

canucks4life
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Have you checked out Axon Pro it is on sale as well?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This phone will definitely work on the Public Mobile (Telus) network.  Personally, I don't like the phone because it is too small.  It seems like there is xda support for the device which is nice.  Here's an expired deals thread from RFD that may be worth going over to see other prospective buyer's opinions.

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/newegg-honor-8-unlocked-smartphone-64gb-model-438-74-32gb-model-379-5...

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

It should be fine.  The model NewEgg is selling is the North American model, so it appears to have support for all North American frequencies.  

Interestingly, WillMyPhoneWork doesn't seem to have this model in their database.  When you compare "all models" against PM's network, it doesn't show any model that supports band 17 or band 2.  Only band 4/7.  Either that, or Newegg is listing the incorrect specs (but I'm pretty sure they're not)

these are the supported LTE bands:

LTE FDD Band 1 / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 7 / 8 / 12 / 17 / 20

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

@xCameron94x  Never used that phone, but this site will at least let you know if it will work on the network.

http://willmyphonework.net/

Need Help? Let's chat.