cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go train connectivity

Solid
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I was wondering if other users are having data connectivity issues on the go train? 

I take the Milton Go from Union and I often find that it drops from lte to hspa+.  Problem is, sometimes even then the connection would be spotty and apps would lose their connection. I've tried keeping on hspa only, but it doesn't help. Lte is fine everywhere else; I haven't had a problem day to day in the city other than on the train. So I don't think it's related to my APNs (which are the standard ones).

My lte connection was pretty good on the train before on the Rogers network so I don't think it's my phone either. 

Is there anyone else with similar experiences / solutions? 

3 REPLIES 3

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I agree with @Daniel, you must be passing through areas that are on the edge of coverage from the nearest towers.  If it is a significant inconvenience then you may provide feedback to PM.  

Also, you could send Telus a feedback about this if you like.  @TELUSsupport on twitter.  I am just wondering that Telus may be able to act faster and if Telus fixes it, its fixed for PM automatically.  

Bigmac
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Me too. On the Go train Hspa is stronger than Lte. 

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @Solid,

I've never expirimented any problem during my transit. But this problem must be caused by the locationg of the antena.

You're train must be passing in a zone were the antena are having a hard time to cover.

Need Help? Let's chat.