cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global text clarification

Jiangjun1949
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I am going to use province-wide calling and global text. Can I send a text from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in the world? Or I send text globally ONLY when I am in my home province?
3 REPLIES 3

Brooke_C
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @jianjun1949 and trevjcawt,

You are only able to text globally when you are in Canada. Otherwise, you are considered to be roaming. Earlier this week, we announced the launch of US roaming, so if you purchased a U.S. roaming Add-On that included text, you would be able to text anyone in the world while in the U.S.

Hope this clarifies things!  

Tvisforme
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jiangjun1949 wrote:
I am going to use province-wide calling and global text. Can I send a text from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in the world? Or I send text globally ONLY when I am in my home province?

Anywhere in Canada on the Telus network, except for the extended network (ie northern Manitoba). You can send SMS and MMS (pictures/videos) globally as part of the plan.

From the FAQ on Red Flag Deals:

Do global texts include picture/mms messages? Yes. MMS is included as part of the text package. You can text Globally (world-wide, any country) while you are in Canada

trevjcawt
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

To my knowledge texting is independant from calling. You should be able to globally text regardless of where you are in Canada. If you want to text from the US, you will need to purchase the add on it.

Need Help? Let's chat.