cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Follow up to... Interesting... who knew?

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Wanted all to learn of a quick response, actually not ever experienced by me! However, I'm a PM newbie...

Without knowingly, or even perhaps NOT AT ALL, someone who didn't identify her/ self as a member of the mod_squad AKA moderator_team ..sent the following message in response to the topic mentioned above...

Hi CatCanyon,

Moderator_Team (Moderator) posted a new reply in Self Serve on 02-04-2019 09:51 AM :

Re: Interesting... who knew?

Hello @z10user4 ,

Please note that what occurred and what you experienced are actually unrelated. As I mentioned previously, mistakes do happen where agents answer from there account, but we still do out best to assist those in need.

As for @CatCanyon , the reason why my colleague answered you privately, is because you sent us a private message, so he simply did his job by answering you.

If you'd like a better understanding of what I've mentioned, feel free to look back on the messages you've sent us privately, but please note that, when users deem that you need help from us, some will direct you to us (Moderator_team). So all in all, it wasn't the title of your message that got our attention. It was the fact that you sent us a private message.

Thank you for understanding.

Ashley

AND THEN THIS HAPPENED...

Re: Interesting... who knew?

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello @z10user4 ,

Please note that what occurred and what you experienced are actually unrelated. As I mentioned previously, mistakes do happen where agents answer from there account, but we still do out best to assist those in need.

THE MYSTERIOUS NEXT MESSAGE...

Fair enough.

Although it wasn't that an agent replied from their account...it was that they replied to the wrong user. Please be careful when replying to people.

MY RESPONSE TO ASHLEY...a mod_squad member???

Thanks for the heads up Ashley. 
I'm curious though...
From my experience, when I activated my PM account, during the first 13 days as I was trying to get my 30 year phone number transferred from Koodo to PM, I sent at least 13 private messages without reply from moderator_team until day 11, I believe. 
So, I'm wondering how it was that I got such a quick reply this time? 

And, by the way, one of the moderator_team members, calling herself Mary... could be an alias 😉... and hopefully not bot- Simon 🤔... sent me a lovely note suggesting she'd investigate the 13 day episode. However, I've not heard from her. 

Thanks again. And, letting you know I actually prefer this "type" of customer service. The big issue, in my opinion,  is that there's not enough folks from the mod_squad 😉 to deal effectively and efficiently with the many people in the "community at large". I'm sure you know, it's an on-going theme within the community. 

From my perspective, glad there are humans who might be able to act intelligently and independently from bot-Simon and his side-bots! 😏 

Wishing all the moderator_team members a larger budget so you can offer the service I'm sure you'd like to provide which the community would love to receive. 

Anyone else think all this correspondence is UNusual?
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CatCanyon

I wonder if maybe you're confusing all the email notifications that this site can generate. Not red blob notifications...email. Private messages aren't *really* emails. They kinda are in their own way but not really.

I have mine set to only email me if someone sends me a private message.

CatCanyon
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What an interesting reply. In fact, I have only contacted the moderators when I was requesting my phone number from Koodo to PM.

What I'm relatng is a situation which had no query to a moderator and yet a response... out of the blue. 

And, FYI, i've had several reasons identifying the same events of unsolicited responses while at the same time new folks are begging for attention. 

Comments? 

@CatCanyon

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@CatCanyon wrote:

From my experience, when I activated my PM account, during the first 13 days as I was trying to get my 30 year phone number transferred from Koodo to PM, I sent at least 13 private messages without reply from moderator_team until day 11, I believe. 
So, I'm wondering how it was that I got such a quick reply this time? 

And, by the way, one of the moderator_team members, calling herself Mary... could be an alias 😉... and hopefully not bot- Simon 🤔... sent me a lovely note suggesting she'd investigate the 13 day episode. However, I've not heard from her. 

Thanks again. And, letting you know I actually prefer this "type" of customer service. The big issue, in my opinion,  is that there's not enough folks from the mod_squad 😉 to deal effectively and efficiently with the many people in the "community at large". I'm sure you know, it's an on-going theme within the community. 

From my perspective, glad there are humans who might be able to act intelligently and independently from bot-Simon and his side-bots! 😏 

Wishing all the moderator_team members a larger budget so you can offer the service I'm sure you'd like to provide which the community would love to receive. 

Anyone else think all this correspondence is UNusual?

Probably somewhat a result of you confusing the heck out of the moderator team and flooding them with messages. I know you sure as heck have me confused.

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.