cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flawless Activation and port in 2015-NOV-05!

sixthlawson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello PM Community,

I activated my second mobile account with PM this morning, Nov 5th 2015. After entering all the information including porting in a number from chatr mobile, my new account was active immediately (~8:54 AM). I was also able to immediately and successfully log-in to my self-serve account. The phone I was using was able to dial out immediately from the port-in number, however incoming calls were still being directed via Chatr (which is not an uncommon occurence as I have read here on the forum, as Chatr has to acknowledge the port change). However by 9:26 AM I received a text from PM stating the port was complete and a quick check confirmed everything was working tickety-boo.

So an all-round success in my opinion for a ~32 minute turnaround!

As a side note, please be aware of the following peculiarities with this particular activation that could have presented a problem or delay but did not:

I purchased my Chatr plan at Walmart, and the gentleman who activated it for me input bogus data for my birthday; IMEI; account number; and I'm not sure if he entered a pin or not. Maybe he thought I was breaking bad? :), I digress - When you port a number you need to provide at least one of the following: your old account number; your IMEI, or your old pin. Since I knew these were all bogus values they were all I had at the time of activation so I gave them to PM with a note that they were bogus values entered by the sales person (just the requisite number of 1's to satisfy the activation requirements of the Chatr entry screens at Walmart). In addition, I decided to call up Chatr to see if I could expedite things. I called 611 on my Chatr SIM and spoke with a rep who gave me my actual Chatr account number and changed my birthdate in their system to reflect what I entered in PM. The rep confirmed my mailing address as well. I'm not sure if this proactively prevented any porting problems, but it serves as a bit of wisdom to anyone else who may be in a similar position: if you don't know your old account details, call up the service provider. Easy-peasy.

Cheers,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Great to hear 🙂

Thank you for sharing.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Awesome news 🙂

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@sixthlawson

Happy to hear that!! Also your bang on with  -verify the information before you port your number over, especially if it's from a prepaid carrier as the information is not at times accurate.

Most of the issues that I come across with porting - is from customers who do not enter the right info when porting their number over. This is what usually  causes delays in activation.

Thanks for the contribution and heads-up!

Robot Happy

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Congrats @sixthlawson! I had a very similar experience with my activation, hopefully more new users can have such smooth activation and ports in the future. Also, good advice regarding the porting process.

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hello @sixthlawson,

Welcome to Public Mobile, again!

Cheers.

Daniel
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @sixthlawson

Thank for the positive feedback!

I'm happy to see that you second phone porting work so fast!

Need Help? Let's chat.