cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fizz beta

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

Anybody here applied/was selected to test Fizz or has more information about it than what is available online?

6 REPLIES 6

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

I sure wish Videotron would go national and give the big 3 (and the slightly smaller 1: FM) a real run for their money.

What????  You mean to say FM is a real contender in this space as a national commercially-launched carrier?  I thought they were also still in beta... at least, that's sure what it felt like when I tested them for 2-3 months earlier this year!  (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

More seriously... it's interesting that Quebecor is trying to be a player.  They sold a bunch of spectrum to Shaw to build-out/expand the FM network, so it may make sense for the two to establish partnerships.  After dipping my toes in the FM waters, I would be extremely reluctant to try anything other than the encumbants and their subsidiaries.

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@srlawren wrote:

I sure wish Videotron would go national and give the big 3 (and the slightly smaller 1: FM) a real run for their money.  Or, at least, come to BC, Videotron!  Pretty please?!?!  🙂

Videotron only has infrastructure in Quebec (And Ottawa region). In other places, Videotron roams (Actual roam, not the Telus/Bell relationship) on Rogers. There's also Eastlink in the Atlantic region and Northern Ontario.

Infrastructure costs.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I sure wish Videotron would go national and give the big 3 (and the slightly smaller 1: FM) a real run for their money.  Or, at least, come to BC, Videotron!  Pretty please?!?!  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechucker wrote:

Is this a Quebec only thing?

It appears to be Quebec and Ottawa region.

https://mobilesyrup.com/2018/09/13/new-quebec-carrier-fizz-beta-testing-service/

Is this a Quebec only thing?

austinhuang
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I applied and I haven't been getting a response.

For now it's $5 / 4GB I think, if selected to Beta.

Need Help? Let's chat.