cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

First phone call on public mobile

hjudithdyck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just registered an account on public mobile. Nothing happens when I want to make my first phone call. How long after registering must I wasn’t to make a phone call?

9 REPLIES 9

@gblackma wrote:

@hjudithdyck looks like you transferred/ ported your number. It can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider and up to 7 days if its a voip or landline. If its from a cell provider and its been longer than 3 hours. Your port may be stuck.

@Jb456  @gblackma @esjliv @gpixel  Porting isn't related to the inability to make outgoing phone calls. Also, porting from a landline makes no difference for outgoing  calls either.

@hjudithdyck wrote:

When I turn off my phone and power up again the message that appears on the phone very briefly is “ no SIM card”, so will I have to remove the card and turn it another way to reinsert it and then will I need to reactivate the SIM card?

hjd

Hi @hjudithdyck ,

Are you using a Public Mobile SIM card?

Is your phone unlocked from your previous provider?

hjudithdyck

When I turn off my phone and power up again the message that appears on the phone very briefly is “ no SIM card”, so will I have to remove the card and turn it another way to reinsert it and then will I need to reactivate the SIM card?

hjd

@hjudithdyck  please provide more details. Please answer some of the questions that members asked you. Thanks.

hjudithdyck

I can log in to the account I set up. I was asked for and did enter the 15 digit SIM card number. But have not removed and reinserted. I just assumed the SIM card would be activated through the registration process.

hjd

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@hjudithdyck wrote:

Just registered an account on public mobile. Nothing happens when I want to make my first phone call. How long after registering must I wasn’t to make a phone call?

Hi @hjudithdyck ,

If you ported a phone number it could still be in the porting stage and just not complete yet.

Are you able to log into your Self Serve account?

Did you remove and re-insert your SIM ? Then rebooted your phone?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@hjudithdyck looks like you transferred/ ported your number. It can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider and up to 7 days if its a voip or landline. If its from a cell provider and its been longer than 3 hours. Your port may be stuck. Contact the moderators( PM customer service) and ask them to fix it for you.   There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@hjudithdyck you should be able to call out right away

contact customer support here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a message

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Did you port a number or did you select a new number?

What currently works, calls in and out, data, text, MMS?

Make and model of phone?

Welcome to Public Mobile. If you used a referral code for a $10 sign-up bonus that will be applied within 72 hours of activating.

Need Help? Let's chat.