cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Esim to Physical Sim

Mohawk44
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a new phone on the way. This new phone doesn’t support esim. So I ordered a physical sim. Just wondering for when phone arrives in the mail, how do I transfer from esim to physical sim? I know it’s slightly different process then going from a physical sim to a different physical sim.

12 REPLIES 12

Mohawk44

Yes it all worked out restarting the phone fixed had service showing 

Excellent @Mohawk44 

so all is good now?

Mohawk44

It worked without a computer. I did the change via the iOS app. It’s all good now. So your statement about only using a computer is wrong.

Mohawk44

I restarted the phone and service same back. It transferred to the new SIM card 

Mohawk44

Do I have to delete the esim or wait till transfer is complete?

Mohawk44

It’s brand new. I haven’t gotten the device yet. I’m putting sim into my old iPhone. This way when new phone arrive I can just put sim in new phone. It’s the same iPhone I was previously using with an esim

Can you test the new device with another known to be working SIM card to establish device vs SIM issue?

Did you purchase the device BRAND new, or used?

Where did you get it?

If used, check here for potentially blacklisted status:

https://www.devicecheck.ca/check-status-device-canada/

Mohawk44

I’m just getting SOS only

@Mohawk44 wrote:

How long does transfer take? I have done this with other service providers and it wasn’t long. Just not sure with PM

Once you have the physical SIM card and make the request in your account, the process is completed instantly.

Mohawk44

How long does transfer take? I have done this with other service providers and it wasn’t long. Just not sure with PM

captaincool

Yes, you can do it through log in your account.  It is under profile.  If you feel uncomfortable to do it yourself (I do sometimes because I don't want to mess up something) you can send in a ticket (respond within 24 hrs) to get PM agent to walk through with you.   Good luck

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Mohawk44 

Simply log into your self-serve account and go under your profile. There you will see an option to change the SIM card. Enter your new SIM card details where prompted and then insert the physical SIM card in your new device.

Need Help? Let's chat.