cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emii

CR3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Can a person trace my phone if they have gotten the emii number?  I'm having alot of issues with this phone; battery drain, hearing conversations popping in and out, google having me do captchas because of too much traffic on my computer (only have a cell).  

Just got a bizarre message just now after trying to submit a survey here for public mobile.

I was told to get a new phone, new public mobile sim card, new phone number and create all new accounts. Is that all really necessary?   Though I have bought a new phone and got a new sim0 card.  I need direction before I switch phones.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

8 REPLIES 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CR3 

just take your old SIM card to put it in your new phone,

if you purchase device is coming with Free Public Mobile SIM Card, for new SIM card just keep it for spare if your SIM card fine or you can SIM Swap with your same account,

How To Change Your SIM Card

the SIM change functionality has been re-enabled in My Account, now with an additional security step: 2 factor authentication to further protect against SIM card fraud.In order to change the SIM card associated with your account, you must now verify your request through a one-time security code that will be sent via SMS or email.To change your SIM card, please follow the below steps:

1. Log into your My Account
  2. Go to Plan and Add-Ons > Change SIM Card
  3. Enter your new SIM card number
  4. Select where you would like your 6-digit security verification code to be sent to. You can choose to have the code sent to your email, or via SMS to your phone number. If you do not have access to your phone or cannot receive SMS, please select the email option.
  5. Check your email or phone for your security code, and input the code into the page
  6. Click “Verify Code”

Please note: after 5 failed attempts to verify your security code, your account will be locked, and you will need to have your account unlocked and your SIM card manually updated by an agent by submitting a ticket link,.

1. Once you have verified your code, click “submit” to complete your SIM card change, and you’re all set !!

CR3

Thank you.  I'll try that on the new phone. I haven't ever forwarded it so I know that's not the issue.  Thank you again.

CR3

I haven't been able to navigate to the answers. The original post doesn't even show up as posted in my profile.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CR3 : The only relevant piece from two posts ago is the last sentence. You already have a phone and you don't particularly need to care about your IMEI at this point.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CR3 

To confirm the veracity of the 'message' you received after doing the 'survey', you may wish request clarification from the Public Mobile Customer Service agents and provide them with details of the messaging you received.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select contact Customer Support Agent, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CR3 

if you need to purchase device is Free Public Mobile SIM Card $0 included with each purchase of a Certified Pre-Owned phone.

You can dial *#06# on your phone to get your IMEI number...

How to find the IMEI number on your Android phone:
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android phone.
  2. Scroll down and tap on About Phone.
  3. Scroll down and you will find the number under IMEI.

How to find the IMEI number on your iphone visit Here link. 

if you have a issue with your device try do factory reset settings..

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@CR3 

Well that sounds puzzling?  To answer your question, yes, a device can be traced with knowledge of the IMEI number.   I've never personally done it, however it is possible.

If you can, try the SIM card in another device for awhile and see if you still have the issue.

Also, try calling your mobile number (from another device) just to see what happens.   

Could you have initiated a call-forward or something similar which is causing some confusion.

Sounds like many possibilities with this one...

Need Help? Let's chat.