cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does this Phone work with PM

CPdee99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My father has some phone from China that’s currently being used and wants to switch to PM but I can’t find his phone on List of approval.  The phone is relatively new within the last year.  It’s a Redmi 7.    How can I find out if this phone will work with PM?

5 REPLIES 5

stevenanto
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@CPdee99 I would try a PM sim card on it and if it works then its all good to go. Make sure you can call, text and browse internet. 

@CPdee99 wrote:

If I put my PM sim in his phone and it works is that safe to say I can sign him up with a PM plan?

Yes, if you can confirm compatibility with an already active SIM card, then there will be zero doubt.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CPdee99 wrote:

If I put my PM sim in his phone and it works is that safe to say I can sign him up with a PM plan?

Absolutely. An exactly perfect test. Calls in/out. Texts in/out. Browse a website. MMS in/out.

CPdee99
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CPdee99 wrote:

My father has some phone from China that’s currently being used and wants to switch to PM but I can’t find his phone on List of approval.  The phone is relatively new within the last year.  It’s a Redmi 7.    How can I find out if this phone will work with PM?

Yes, it's compatible, but there's a possibility that there are different versions of this model. I would advise getting the version that has LTE Band 4.  For phone calls, ths model has UMTS bands 2 and 5, which are required, but that can also be used for data and text.

Manufactuer's specs at this link: Mi Global Home

Need Help? Let's chat.