Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does service include 3G?

MrBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I checked my Nokia 3710 flip phone, and this is what was reported:

"Learn about your phone's compatibility with our network:
3G 850MHz, 1900MHz (Has checkmark in front of 3G)
4G LTE Device does not support 4G LTE bands
Disclaimer
Public Mobile utilizes the following frequency bands:
4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS) HSPA: 850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)"

Does this mean my phone will work for calls in 3G mode, or that it must be 4G compatible to do so?

I simply want a phone for emergencie calls, or when power is out and my landline is down.

8 REPLIES 8

@ashleyskye wrote:

yes, your phone will make calls and use 3g data. Most Public Mobile plans dont use 4G/LTE 

All plans at Public Mobile that have data (or texts) use the LTE network where available and if the phone is compatible. 3g plans impose a speed restriction rather than a network type restriction.

ashleyskye
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes, your phone will make calls and use 3g data. Most Public Mobile plans dont use 4G/LTE 

@MrBill wrote:

"Will work for PM"

I presume that means "phone mode: lol

Thx

3g is required for phone calls, but the 3g network will also work for data.  There is no LTE phone call ability at Public Mobile.

MrBill
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

"Will work for PM"

I presume that means "phone mode: lol

Thx

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill wrote:

Disclaimer
4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS) HSPA: 850 MHz and 1900 MHz (UMTS)"

Does this mean my phone will work for calls in 3G mode, or that it must be 4G compatible to do so?

I simply want a phone for emergencie calls, or when power is out and my landline is down.

@MrBill  Calls are only supported on 3G Public Mobile does not use LTE for calling so you have nothing to worry about. Smiley Happy

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@MrBill wrote:

Disclaimer

Yes, your phone will work perfectly with PM.

@MrBill LTE compatibility is not a requirement to use Public Mobile. Be sure you check which regional variant that you have. One that has UMTS 850 and 1900MHz will work.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Yes it will work for PM. I assume it will accept a sim?

Need Help? Let's chat.