cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you get "double-bravoed" ?

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lately, I have noticed that everytime someone gives me a bravo for a post, I get two emails about it and two notifications as well.  It is not such a big issue, I"m just curious...

6 REPLIES 6

When I'm bravoing a post via my iPadAir, I'm finding sometimes the bravo lights up, then returns to off.  I sometimes need to hold my thumb on the bravo and wait for it to increase the count.

In turn, I think this might be part of what you're experiencing as at times, I bravo, remove the bravo, and the put it back on.

Sometimes when edits occur, if you're getting a notification about a 'mention', it's due to the resave on the edited post.

@JaimeLaPizza wrote:

Lately, I have noticed that everytime someone gives me a bravo for a post, I get two emails about it and two notifications as well.  It is not such a big issue, I"m just curious...

You're free to set the prefenece as you like, but honestly, I'm quite surprised that anyone would want to receive e-mail messages every single time someone replies to a message, edits a message, or gives you a bravo.  You could literrally receive a few hundred Community e-mail messages for each day.

I don't have any first-hand expierience with the e-mail notifications, but I can tell you that the on-screen pop-up notifcations in the bottom right hand of the screen have been give duplicates for as long as I can remember.  I find that if you open another message post or go load any page on the Community site while the notification is on the screen, you'll immediately see the same notice again. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Could be someone adding and removing a bravo? You could disable email notifications for Bravos. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

And now an email notification for this reply, the previous reply above and my bravo.

(which I'll probably remove anyway).

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Yes, I know... just wondered why I am told about it twice about it twice Smiley Very Happy

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@JaimeLaPizza wrote:

It didn't mean you get "double-bravoed", you just get double emails and double notifier's at all, I guess.

Need Help? Let's chat.