cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Texts

PreachJohn1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Rare but it happens from time to time. Lately twice in a short space of a couple of days.

I clearly got audible/visual notification and the incoming Text appears 1st on the Login Screen. I catch the 1st few words and then it's nowhere to be found. Ghostly!

7 REPLIES 7

@PreachJohn1 

Sure sounds like you're describing an on-screen / lock screen notification banner message.

Perhaps you are not.

PreachJohn1

2 other replies understood I was asking about Text issues and replied accordingly.

There is no such Category for 'text messaging services' to click on or I would have done so.
Such a Category needs to be installed as an Option.

PreachJohn1

If it was such a Setting it would apply to all Texts. This idea doesn't apply to my situation; thanks anyway.

PreachJohn1

Neither missing Text is in Spam. I had checked there already.

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Also check the messages spam and blocked folder. It's possible the messages comes in and you are notified but then it's routed to spam/blocked

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@PreachJohn1 

I believe what you're describing relates to on screen notifications that can be set for each app on the lock screen.

In your messaging app and notification settings, these can be set to your desired liking. Some of those on-screen notifications only pop on the lock screen for a few seconds and may or may not remain there depending on your individual devices setting. 

@PreachJohn1 wrote:

Rare but it happens from time to time. Lately twice in a short space of a couple of days.

I clearly got audible/visual notification and the incoming Text appears 1st on the Login Screen. I catch the 1st few words and then it's nowhere to be found. Ghostly!

Are you asking about your Self Serve account or about text messaging services?

Need Help? Let's chat.