cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed texts

Becoming
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, my wife & I are both PM members - same phones - both phones are Android running Oreo.

Over the last week or two, we've noticed that a large delay for incoming text messages.  Or, sometimes I'll text a small group of people and only get one response back (when I ask others they say they sent it).  It may or may never come to our phones.

I don't know what else we can do, really.

Things I've tried:

* Reboot

* Force stop of Message app (stock)

* Clear Message app cache

* Battery optimization is not set (didn't change or set anything related to it)

5 REPLIES 5

VANESSAONEILL42
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Resetting the network settings may help. OnAndroid devices, go to Settings > General > Reset network settings > Reset network settings. 

NOTE: The following will be cleared or restored to defaults: 

• Cellular and Wi-Fi network settings (including saved networks and passwords) so make sure you have your wifi passwords written down
  • Bluetooth® 

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This seems to happen every now and then with many providers. I have been talking with some of my friends with Fido, Telus and Bell and they all have experienced that exact same thing every now and then. I would keep an eye to it and if the issue presists then I would contact Public Mobile Moderators . 

willbrown13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sounds like it might be a network issue, not even PM. Does this happen no matter where you are? Could be the cell tower harware in your area. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Becoming wrote:

Hi there, my wife & I are both PM members - same phones - both phones are Android running Oreo.

Over the last week or two, we've noticed that a large delay for incoming text messages.  Or, sometimes I'll text a small group of people and only get one response back (when I ask others they say they sent it).  It may or may never come to our phones.

Things I've tried:

* Reboot

It's possible that it could be related to network issues in your area. If it continues to happen then it might be a good idea to ask the Public Mobile Team to investigate and maybe ask them if they can reset your accounts to see if the problem goes away.

The above link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderator Hours: Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern).

Pizzaeh
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Becoming wrote:

Things I've tried:

* Reboot

Were there any updates or changes to the phones around the time the problem was first noticed?

It's happening with both your phones?

What messaging app are you using on the phones?

Need Help? Let's chat.