cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data usage showing different numbers

Global-Pro
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My data plan is 250MB/month. After using 78.91 MB (showing on my phone), it was shut down, soliciting to purchase additional data. My account page also shows that all data is used up. Don't understand this. Can any one explain? Am I missing something?

8 REPLIES 8

Global-Pro

I do get texts on data usage limits. What confuses me is that my phone data counter shows roughly 1/3rd of the data vs that showing in  "My Account". It appears the two counters use different gauges. I ask Public mobile to clarify the discrepancy.

The account counter has been shown to be pretty much accurate and reliable. If you have no other data add-ons and you use that little 250mb of data then data just stops. You should have got texts telling you that you were getting low. Did you?

@TheTwos- That's because you bought the 3gb roaming add-on. Are you in the states?

Global-Pro

Thanks. I was able to sort that out. It doesn't address the issue. Have to get support -see how that works out.

TheTwos

I have a similar issue - I completed a data add on of 3GB and it shows I have used 0.0% of the add on, and have 12 days left to use it. However my phone has capped my data. I am in the same boat and am contacting online supports. I would contact support online myself at this point: Private Messages - Community (publicmobile.ca)Public Mobile 3GB Add on - Added but NOT loaded.jpg

Your account has a renewal date and it's for 30 days. Your phone can do a date range but you need to set it to the first day of your plan renewal each time if you really want to track it.

Global-Pro

Thanks for the reply. I ma not very tech savvy. Don't know how to fix "data reporting to same date". My phone shows data chart for  July-1 to July 31. On July 15, it shows 78.91 MB and data shut down. Any further tips?

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

You need to sync your phone data reporting to the same as the plan dates. This place is 30 days, not monthly.

Need Help? Let's chat.