cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data tethering stopped working.

Avenger
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Around two weeks ago it just stopped working. Adding dun and using the tethering apn didn't help. I think it's your end not mine given nothing changed. Please advise. Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

Avenger

I can confirm that as of this morning it appears to be working again with no changes on my end.  It would be nice if PM announced when they were having network issues, as that is what it appears to be....

skmkenn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Odd, I just tried tethering and it worked without an issue using the default APN settings that are loaded with the SIM card. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Darn, tethering broke again.  It was fixed last Friday.  I just tried now and it is not working again.  Time to get another ticket opened.

Edit:  I just tried again and it works.  Interestingly, my tethered device initially reported a DNS error.  Even though tethering works, I get am getting an amber warning about the connection.  Never had that happen before, usually amber means no data.  Perhaps the restoration from last week was not 100% successful and something is still not completely fixed. 

Avenger
@Shazia_K are you able to assist? Thanks!

Avenger
It was working fine two weeks ago and randomly stopped this week. It seems to work but doesn't pass traffic to the device. Set per the link above.

Can a mod check my profile on the pm end?

Raven_Jet
Look at this link to setup data, if it is setup correctly tethering should work instantly.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph...

skmkenn

What's happening when you try to use the hotspot? Is your computer/device connecting to it but not passing any traffic?

What are the settings for both the Mobile Internet and Tethernet Mobile Internet APNs on your phone?

Avenger
Samsung S7 Edge.

skmkenn

@Avenger What kind of phone are you using?

Avenger
I have data and it works fine, tethering just doesn't work. Doesn't tagging alert a mod?

Nsk143
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville
Did you login and checked if you have data left. Maybe you out of data usage that's why also try your sim in other phone if available to check if its service or hardware issue will resolve your issue.
If nothing help then contact mod

Send a msg to mod and request for invoice they will help you out. Send a private message with your ph#, and your email to mod along your details explaination and they will get back to you.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
Need Help? Let's chat.