cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data not working

Jamieb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Android OS tells me to sign in yet when I go through the link is says internal server error.  How do I connect to the network and use my data?

5 REPLIES 5

Jamieb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My issue was that I was out of data. By purchasing a data add-on I was able to reconnect with no problems.

@Jamieb wrote:

Android OS tells me to sign in yet when I go through the link is says internal server error.  How do I connect to the network and use my data?

I can confirm that the sign into network message often means that you're out of data. The other reason to see that error message would be if your phone is connecting to an opnen Wi-Fi network but that Wi-Fi system requires further authentication before internet use is permitted.  When you see the sign in to network,  try leaving that browser window open and when you get home and are connected to Wi-Fi, refresh that page. If it sends you to a Public Mobile giving possible reason for the data not working, that is confirmation that you have ran out.

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Log in to your PM account to make sure you still have data available this month.

Once you log in, under Plan Usage, look for the words “Updated <some time> a ago” and click on the refresh icon beside it (looks like this 🔄).

Check your available data after refreshing.

Another thing to check is the data limit on your phone, make sure to manually reset that because it does not know when your plan resets. 30 day plan vs. monthly setting in Android.

litmister
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Have you properly configured the APN settings? And do you still have data left on your plan?

Given the wording of your post I assume you are a new customer so it is probably a configuration issue, but it's worth mentioning that I have had a similar situation when I used up all my data.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Jamieb , have you confirmed that the APN settings are correct and mobile data enabled?  Check out this help article on setting up the APN. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone

Need Help? Let's chat.