cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data isn't calculating correctly

Lilci
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My account shows that it's out of data, but when I go in and check my usage it's only about 2GB/2000MB (I have 20GB). I found an earlier thread related to this that said to clear cache/go incognito but the calculations are still not adding up. Please help, was about to buy a new plan with more data but then I saw this discrepancy.

11 REPLIES 11

Lilci

Thanks, I submitted a ticket.

Yes all data consumed will be in the usage history.  That history is not updated in real time, only twice per day.  

Lilci

I have it turned on, but it shoes only 1.6 gb under it (not sure what that measures specifically). But that should still show as data on my usage history, right?

@Lilci wrote:

I haven't used data today (only wifi), so it should be updated. Yes, I included 1st day cycle. 

If you have not turned WiFi assist off, you will still consume some data while connected to WiFi.  

@Lilci 

yes, iPhone does not have that feature, you might want to Reset Statistics on the iPhone usage screen at the beginning of each cycle so you can cross check it with My Account's usage

Again, when you try to sum up the usage history, please note DO NOT download usage history, the download in xls only contains around 4 to 7 days usage, not everything

and start adding from the beginning of your current cycle

if you still in doubt of the usage, engage support by messaging them here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

Lilci

I haven't used data today (only wifi), so it should be updated. Yes, I included 1st day cycle. 

Lilci

yes, incognito and still shows I used it all up. I have an iPhone which doesn't have that feature, only lifetime usage for some reason

@Lilci wrote:

im comparing my usage from the usage history, adding it up since my plan started and it doesn't match the total data usage on the main page

@Lilci 

the usage history page's usage is delayed by as many as 12 hours, while the usage on the main page is pretty updated

and did you add up the usage history from the first day of your current cycle? Again, you have to confirm the first day of the current cycle on My Account as the start cycle date shifts

Lilci

im comparing my usage from the usage history, adding it up since my plan started and it doesn't match the total data usage on the main page

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Lilci 

Generally PM's data tracking is reliable

So, you have used Incognito mode to login and it still show you have used up all 20GB?

and May I know how you cross check your usage?  Are you using the data tracking on your device?  If you are, and if you are using Android, make sure you change the "Start billing cycle on" date to match PM's current cycle start date.  PM has a 30 days cycle and not monthly, hence the billing cycle start date will shift.  So, please confirm

E-MobileData.png

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Lilci , are you adding the daily usage and comparing to the overall usage reported in your account?  Daily usage numbers are summed twice daily.  The overall is real time.  

Need Help? Let's chat.