cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data has not been applied

PANDAPOP26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Public Mobile told me that all of my data ran out on my account so today I added over $30 to my account and purchased 1GB of data in order to top up, but it has not been applied to my phone. Please can someone explain why?

Also please do not tell me that I have to wait until the beginning of next month because that would make no sense. What is the point in topping up on data and paying a lot of money if you only then have to go without it and wait till the following month? You may as well then start a new plan. The new data top-up should be applied immediately!

8 REPLIES 8

@PANDAPOP26 wrote:

Thank you so much for all your responses, it is greatly appreciated. It has worked now. Thank you all again. Stay safe and well.

Hi @PANDAPOP26 nice to hear that your problem has been resolved.   Thanks to our very helpful and knowledgeable Community members.   Cheers!

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@PANDAPOP26 

Buying data add-on is a 2 steps process.  If you have $30 of more available fund in your account, you completed only the first step.  Now, you need to use the available fund in your account to purchase your add-on.

Using data add-on is an expensive way to get more data at $15/1GB data.

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.  
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

Please note there is no refund of your unused days of your current cycle if you change plan or renew the same plan early.  DO you calculation. 

PANDAPOP26
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thank you so much for all your responses, it is greatly appreciated. It has worked now. Thank you all again. Stay safe and well.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@PANDAPOP26 

I can understand your frustration with this. I would make sure you’ve actually purchased the addon and that it’s been confirmed.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@PANDAPOP26 depending on what plan you are currently on and how close you are to your renewal date. you can either contact customer support mods to renew your plan or upgrade/downgrade your plan yourself.

look for a plan you would like, add more funds if needed then choose "change plan immediately". make sure you have the total amount of the plan you wish to change to in your "available funds". otherwise the changeover will fail. this may be a more cost effective solution for your needs.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @PANDAPOP26 ,

Ways to purchase addons:

A -  Purchase Add-Ons Through Self Serve

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

BPurchase Add-Ons Through *611

To purchase an Add-On using this method, you will need to have a payment card registered to your account. Find out how to register your card in Self-Serve here. Dial *611 on your phone, and follow the prompts to first make a payment using a Public Mobile payment voucher, credit card, or Visa Debit card. After adding funds equal to or greater than the Add-On you wish to purchase, follow the prompts to buy an Add-On. You will need your 4-digit account PIN to purchase an Add-On. You selected your PIN when you activated your account.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@PANDAPOP26 

Further to the above, you may be confusing with pay as you go services. This is a pre-pay 30 day plan service. But they also offer feature add-ons. Unfortunately, it's not very intuitive to purchase. As above.

@PANDAPOP26 wrote:

Public Mobile told me that all of my data ran out on my account so today I added over $30 to my account and purchased 1GB of data in order to top up, but it has not been applied to my phone. Please can someone explain why?

Also please do not tell me that I have to wait until the beginning of next month because that would make no sense. What is the point in topping up on data and paying a lot of money if you only then have to go without it and wait till the following month? You may as well then start a new plan. The new data top-up should be applied immediately!

Simply topping up does not give you more data. An add-on must be purchased.  If you try to make an add-on purchase, the purchase steps don't do anything but add funds to your available balance. You would then need to go back and purcahse the add-on.

Also, the 1GB data add-on is priced at $15.

Need Help? Let's chat.