cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card Expiry Text Notification / Autopay / Account Suspended

kellyk
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I have two questions for Autopay users: Do you get a text or email notification when your credit card is about to expire? Do you get a notification if a payment does not go through that gives you even a moment's notice before your account is suspended and your service cut off? I'm frustrated and annoyed and want to make a post in the Public Lab forum, but want to make sure its a universal problem before I do.

Some background on my problem: I recently had my account suspended because an Autopay payment did not go through. I got a new credit card in the mail and didn't update my PM account with the new expiry date and CVV. I recieved no notification that my card was going to expire or that my payment hadn't gone through until the moment PM cut off my service and suspended my account. On top of this, I'm now trying to update my credit card information and/or make a one time payment, but I keep getting an "Unable to Process Transaction" error (despite having verified with my credit card company that there's nothing wrong with my card or the info I'm entering). I have private messaged @CS_Agent with my account info (name, account number, email address, phone number, SIM card number - everything I could think to give them) and a details about this issue and am hoping for a response soon.

In the mean time, I'd like to productively use my frustration by making a suggestion in Public Labs that these notifications be sent to users so they can avoid this situation in the future. I found a post from 2015 by a retired moderator stating that the following notifications may be sent - and would really like to see these notifications be used again if they have been somehow disabled:

Credit Card Expiry notification
*Message sent 15 days and 7 days before cc Expiry
Public Mobile here. REMINDER: The credit card on your account expires at the end of this month. Visit PublicMobile.ca/SelfServe to update your card details

AutoPay cannot be processed:
*Time of price plan renewal if Auto Top up fails
Public Mobile here. Sorry, we weren't able to process you AutoPay renewal. Visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve to make a payment or update your information.

3 REPLIES 3

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

it would be nice for them to send notification text, but the fact that it is having so much trouble with autopay already, this is not likely to happen.

Michael77
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@kellyk,

Great idea!  I was thinking about this and would love to have the warning messages. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

I beleve many people have been having a similar issue.  best to contact the mods.

Contact the Moderator_Team by clicking here.

In your message include:
- account email address
- PM phone number
- explanation of what is happening or a link to this thread

Need Help? Let's chat.