Did you mean: 

Contacting a mod

Ian2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I contact someone to have my phone unlocked

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous hey thanks for the instructions!  I emailed them over fax like 47 seconds ago and haven't heard back.  What gives?  Did they all quit or something?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

Hey I notice this thread is about contacting a moderator which is what I need to do, but I'm too lazy to read the first or any subsequent responses to it to find out the answer.  So uhh, how do I do this?  

Hi @srlawren: Welcome to Public Mobile. Yeah it's pretty tough to do some of your own reading so since I have this in a macro I'll just stick it in here for you. But keep in mind...you'll have to read what follows. I know. It's hard. But here you go.

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification. blah blah blah

🙂 🙂

Your post was a great laugh. Thanks.

srlawren

Hey I notice this thread is about contacting a moderator which is what I need to do, but I'm too lazy to read the first or any subsequent responses to it to find out the answer.  So uhh, how do I do this?  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fo1964 wrote:

Need a modarater too reset my password

Already answered above but...

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification.

Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and click on the little envelope in the upper right of your screen that would then have a red blob indicating that you have a message.

fo1964
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Need a modarater too reset my password

Ian2

Thank you

mimmo

@Ian2 there is a link in my last reply which says"Click here to send them a private message.

it takes you to a new page which lets you fill a form and message the mods.  

Ian2

I searched all that information before and am still at a loss how to contact a mod

mimmo

@Ian2

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Ian2

It is locked to Telus

Ian2

My question is how to contact someone that can do it

MarieHelene_L
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @torontokris

Only the carrier who you purchased your phone from can unlock your phone! Here, we can unlock phones that are locked to Telus, Koodo and PM.

If we try to unlock a phone that belongs to another carrier, our system will give us an error message and we won't be able to proceed further. I'm pretty sure that's the same for all other carriers too 🙂

Cheers, 

Marie

*Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, PIN etc... This is a public forum!*

Ian2

It's locked to Telus and I would like to get it unlocked

mimmo

@torontokris PM will unlock a phone that is locked totelus of koodo.

if you phone is locked to bell or rogers then you have to go to them,

If it is an android phone i always was able to unlock them via ebay for $5

I'm not too sure,is a great question

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What are the new rules for unlocking? Does PM have to unlock your phone since they don't sell phones? Or is it the original carrier where you bought your phone?

Stormy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Contacting a mod,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Unlocking your phone,

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Unlocking-Your-Phone/ta-p/5237

If it is locked to Telus/Kodoo it doesn't need to be unlocked to work with PM. If it is locked to any other carrier, you will most likely have to contact them to get it unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.