cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cityfone number transfer

Don63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi There

I'm transferring from Cityfone and I think I screwed up. When the list of providers came up, I didn't see Cityfone or SimplyConnect (am I going blind?) so I chose Rogers since they are owned by Rogers. I then had to use my IMEI number. I suspect this was a mistake.

Later, I got a warning text from PM that I  had entered my ESN/MEID incorrectly and someone would contact me. I haven't heard anything yet and the chatbot doesn't help.

This morning I have PM data but can't make or receive calls or send text messages.  My Cityfone account is still functional.

Thanks for your guidance

4 REPLIES 4

Don63
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

EddieO gave me a number to call. After 2 attempts they sorted it out. Now I have my number and internet.

Now need to tackle MMS (sending as SMS) -will check the APN settings. Thanks All

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Don63 

Did you reply to the text with the Cityfone SIM in your phone?

To avoid any problems with porting. Always use your account number rather than the IMEI.

It sounds like the porting is not completed. If your old SIM is still working then it is incomplete.

Best to contact a CS_Agent to help you complete the porting process.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Don63 

Cityfone is now Rogers.  You can try to choose Rogers

If that does not work, you can ask for a new number first, and then ask PM to help you to port by message them here:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Don63 it sounds like your porting got xxxxxxxxxxxxx up. I'll send you a private message with a number you can contact. Keep an eye out for you messages in the top right corner (envelop icon)

edited by computergeek541: profanity removed as per terms of servcie

Need Help? Let's chat.