cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged for service twice?

AmandaNielq0709
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been with Public Mobile for almost a year now. I was currently paying $40.00 for 1GB of 4G-LTE with talk/text. My plan is on auto renew and the payment came out November 18th. I've just changed my plan as I see you now have a better option ($40 with more 3G Data) and I was charged the full amount of $42.00 even after just paying $40.00 on November 18:/ This doesn't seem correct to me.... Can someone please advise?

9 REPLIES 9

AmandaNielq0709

Hahah- Kindness always wins:-)

Thanks for the reminder:)

I appreciate your help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be nice asking the mods 🙂

They don't *have* to give you a break.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AmandaNielq0709 wrote:

Hopefully this works!

Ill try contacting a Mod.. (no idea how to do that:/) haha 

Your name and account number were not blanked out.

Yup. Immediate plan change.

To the mods...

Send ONE (1) private message to them here and include your phone number and PIN to minimize back and forth identity verification delays.
Forget your PIN? Then you'll need 3 of either of these pieces of information you used when you signed up: full address, birthdate, last 4 digits of CC you might have used, email address on the account, alternative phone number you might've entered when you signed up. Or, in addition, either of these to get to 3: last payment amount and date, last add-on bought and date.
And of course your question/problem.
Then hopefully they will get back to you as soon as they can between M-F 9-9 (ET) and Sat-Sun 9-7:30 (ET). But it could be up to a couple days.
Depending on your notification settings, you would get an email notifying you of a reply. Get back here and see a red blob over the little envelope in the upper right of your screen and click on it to see the message.

AmandaNielq0709

1A4DA499-2C01-446E-B61B-94E987570100.jpeg

Anonymous
Not applicable

@AmandaNielq0709 wrote:

Ahhhhh okay- I should of accepted on the next renewal then:/ Dang it!

I'm in Alberta, the prices maybe a little off... Thanks for your reply!

If you contact the mods, they might give you a break seeing as how it's so shortly after renewing.

That screenshot would still be helpful though.

AmandaNielq0709

Ahhhhh okay- I should of accepted on the next renewal then:/ Dang it!

I'm in Alberta, the prices maybe a little off... Thanks for your reply!

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Can you post a screen shot of your account history (public mobile in self serve not your bank) but blank out any personal details. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you did what's called an immediate plan change then yes you effectively pay twice. The preferred method is to do a future plan change. Even if a plan is on promo, once you've queue'd it up for future renewal, you'll get it.

I'm not entirely certain of the numbers you're showing though.

AmandaNielq0709

Actually, I just checked my bank account and I was charge once for $42.00, then again for $2.10 today (Nov 22)

Need Help? Let's chat.