cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing to Public Mobile

Elise
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am thinking of changing provider for my cell phone. I have a few questions. I am presently with Telus and I have the same phone number for a long time. Do I need to change my phone number if I change provider? I will need a new SIM card I just don't know which one I need for my Iphone 5S. Does it take long before I can get my SIM card? I would like to have a plan Canada Nationwide long distance and texting that is all. My billing date with Telus ends on 14th of each month. I am ready to make the switch any time.

5 REPLIES 5

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Elisewrote:

I am thinking of changing provider for my cell phone. I have a few questions. I am presently with Telus and I have the same phone number for a long time. Do I need to change my phone number if I change provider? I will need a new SIM card I just don't know which one I need for my Iphone 5S. Does it take long before I can get my SIM card? I would like to have a plan Canada Nationwide long distance and texting that is all. My billing date with Telus ends on 14th of each month. I am ready to make the switch any time.

@Elise too bad Telus don't send you text messages for Koodo Promo offer 😃 $40/5GB which have Canada Wide Calling 😁😃😄

@Elisewrote:

I do make more than 150 minutes a month Nationwide.

Then you can get Canada wide calling international texting and 1.5gb of 3G data (same price without so why not have it) for $105 for 90 days.  With autopay you can get that to $99 for 90 days ($33 for 30 days)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Elise
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I do make more than 150 minutes a month Nationwide.

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Elisewrote:

Well congrats on doing research first yes you can keep your number and as for the SIM (they are a triple punch and will work for all phones) you can go to most Wal-Mart and get one.  You can also get them at wow mobile.  There are many plan Putin's add you can build it yourself, the question is how much out off province calling do you do?  You can purchase an international long distance add-on for $15 for 400 minutes ( this is limited to 18 countries).  These minutes stay on your account until all used up.  So if you do less than the 400 minutes of out of province calling you can get the provincial wide calling and international texting for $75 for 90 days and if you sign up for autopay you can drop that to $69 for 90 days then your long distance add-on.  Sometimes even adding a small data bucket will result in the same or lower prices so you really should visit the plan page and play around with what suits you best.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi yes, you can switch anytime. You can go buy a sim at Walmart wow mobile or k-mobile or buy online takes average 4 days.

You can keep your existing number but we typically recommend getting a temp pm number first while activating in case there are any actvation issues then port over.

Pm sims are triple punch so they will fit any phone.

Also just a note provincial vs Canada wide. If you will make more than 133 minutes of calls outside your home province Canada wide is the way to go but if less then the long distance add-on is a better deal as it give limited international calls and USA calling. 15$ for 400 minutes. It expires only when used.

Need Help? Let's chat.