cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plan question.

Engjell00
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I have a 55$ mobile plan with PublicMobile for quite a while but now I don't use that much the amount of data I usually have. Now, I wanted to change my plan and which I tried to do but at the end it says:

¨This cost of this plan is higher than your current available funds. 

You will need to make a payment to your account to complete the plan change.¨
Which is normal because my funds are at 0 but I pay my plan for the month so if I change it to less I pay even more? Doesn't make any sense.
6 REPLIES 6

The idea in public mobile is prepaid service.  If you want it to activate immediately, need to pay upfront first.  Otherwise like previous post mentioned, future date will use your auto pay option.

Engjell00

Thank you guys!

I understand now.

Pier
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Engjell00

As you have already paid for this month, you can only future your plan to be changed during your next payment date. Changing it now may deactivate your service and you might need to pay again.

Yours,

@Engjell00 wrote:

I have the 55 plan and I wanted to drop at around the 37$ plan. I already pay 55 for the month but if I want to change to 37 do I need to pay 37$ more?

@Engjell00

Future date your plan change and it will autoamatically switch to the new plan on your renewal, charging your credit card $37 (- rewards + tax) on your next payment.

This screenshot is with a different plan than yours, but the red circle is the "future date" button...

self-serve-plan-change.jpg

Edited to add screenshot...

Engjell00

I have the 55 plan and I wanted to drop at around the 37$ plan. I already pay 55 for the month but if I want to change to 37 do I need to pay 37$ more?

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Hi @Engjell00

Public Mobile also offers 90 days plan and for that you have to pay the full amount. If your current plan is already expired, you must contact the Moderator_Team to change your plan to new one. If your current plan is active, you have two choices. You can either future date the plan change and your plan will change on your renewal date. Or you can request to change your plan now but you will not receive any credits for already paid plan. 

To be able to help you why you think the plan that costs less than the one you have costs more, give us the details on what plan you are on and what plan you want to change to. 

Need Help? Let's chat.