cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed phones, calls dont go out or come in

MorganDinsdale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@admin My mom recently upgraded to an iPhone 8, however when she switches her sim from her current phone to the new phone calls neither come in or go out. I recall that when I switched this was a problem and I just shared my old and new Serial Numbers ( I believe?!) and you guys were able to help sort it out. Anyways, any help would be so appreciated! At home helping my mom as she is not phone savvy at all. 

Many thanks!

Morgan D

5 REPLIES 5

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@MorganDinsdale 

Try upgrade the IOS firmware to 14.7.1 by going into Setting>General>Software Update. If it is an old firmware, it will indicate that a new software update is available.

You might have to power off the phone after the update wait wait a few minutes then power it back on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MorganDinsdale 

if you can try to put it SIM card in another device is working fine or !

or can you do factory reset If needed,
From the Home screen, navigate: Settings. > General > Reset.
Tap Erase All Content and Settings.

MorganDinsdale
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks! I believe is was a Mod now that I think of it.

The phone is unlocked for sure. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MorganDinsdale 

when you  sign in to Self-ServeAccount Status: is Active or !

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MorganDinsdale    this is just an open forum and we are customers like you.. but we try to help

Probably back then Mod advised and resolved the issue for you.

One thing you can try, connect your phone to a computer , start iTune and get all the latest updates and it will download the carrier profile and it might work from there.

Also, is the new phone brand new? or it was used on another network?  you might need to confirm the phone is actually unlocked.

Need Help? Let's chat.