cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Alert Phone Number

Teezem
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Where can I change the number used for notifications, text alerts, the number that receives the 75% thresholds and so on. Thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7

Teezem

@kav2001c, I actually don't remember, I have a number set as my default but I don't remember setting anything different for texts. Weird. 

@Teezem how did you ever get notifications sent to the text number in first place?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Teezem, if you managed to have communications text sent to a number different than the one associated with the account, then undo what you did.  Where did you set a text now number?  Anyway, you could discuss this with the moderator team.  They might be able to help.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using this link.  Refer to the following link for information on contacting the moderator team.

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Modera...

Teezem

It's the number for when you receive texts regarding your usage or yes, 611 messages. I want to change that number once I move to a full plan with phone services. Those messages are currently being sent to a TextNow number. 

Payment reminders, notices of limited data remaining, and plan renewal messages are automatically sent to the phone number that is associated with your service.  I do not believe and highly doubt that there is any way to change the phone number that these text messages are sent to.  Is there a reason why you'd want that?  I assume that you handle the payments and such for other family member accounts?

Mana
Mayor / Maire

@Teezem can you please clarify what you are looking for again so that the community member can try helping you out?

thanks

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Teezem Not sure what exactly you are asking. Are you referring to text messages from Public Mobile numbers such as 611 that notified you about the payment and renewal? If yes, are you wondering if you can change that? 

Need Help? Let's chat.