cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cerberus - Anti Theft app for Android

crazyfrog
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi Fellas,

Because i am a Good Citizen, i thought i will yet again live up to the title and recommend this wonderful app i came across for the benefit of all the PM Android users.

It is called "Cerberus Anti Theft" and its available on Google Play store for free to try and approximately $5 for life time license.

I used it on my HTC One and other android devices i had and i must admit i was blown away by its features and how perfectly(almost) it works.

The features this app offers can be seen here

P.S: I am neither the developer for this app nor i would get any kickbacks for recommending it. I am only giving out good information so fellas like me who often forget wherethey last left the phone could easily trace the phone and even get a picture of the theif remotely should it ever be stolen.

7 REPLIES 7

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

As to phone security, I highly recommend first going to cmcm.com to see which apps are of interest to you, and then downloading them from the Google playstore. All are free.

Cheetah Mobile has the cmcm.com domain, and is located in China. If you're concerned about its location, I strongly suggest that you be more concerned about CSIS and the US NSA.

I have been using a suite of 3 Cheetah Mobile apps since early 2014, and each has performed flawlessly. There is no user guide that accompanies any app; as a result, be prepared to click this and that to see what security options can be enabled. If you're the curious type, that's ideal. Though many of the features are out in the open, so to speak, others appear only if menus are clicked. One app has what appears to be a web cam; I clicked it out of curiosity, and more options appeared. Go figure!

Stay safe, and keep your phone safe!

Cheers.

crazyfrog

@kutzki Ofcourse data is needed for any kind of Device Manager to function.

But the beauty with Cerberus is that without data as well, there is way to make it work which is as below

"The app works even if the device does not have an internet connection thanks to remote control by sms messages."

For more info, check out this page

kutzki

@crazyfrog is data needed for that feature? Also even still I guess if you're security crazy then the $5 is worth it, but for my needs Android Device Manager works. 

crazyfrog

@kutzki Honestly it does lot more than being a glorified version of Android Device Manager. Just to give you couple of features. (Ability to take picture from either front / back camera "remotely" / Obtaining phone number of a different sim card other than the registered sim if thief ever replaces sim so on and so forth)

I wish you have used it for some more time before judging this app.

The free version only gives you 7 days access and perhaps it is too short a time for you to "Explore" all features.

But it is miles ahead and better than the stock device managers in my experience.

dough13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

is there a free version to try?

kutzki
I've used this app... To be honest it gets to be a bit of a hassle and a tad annoying. It's great if you can get the pro version but it's basically a glorified version of Google's own Android Device Manager. Not worth the waste of space/ram in my opinion.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Will check it out. 

Thanks for your recommendation. 

Need Help? Let's chat.