cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot verify card

kellya79
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have been trying for the last hour to add funds to my account. I had my mastercard debit on file but when I tried to make a payment it said it could not verify the card so I deleted the card. I tried another mastercard and was told the same thing. Anybody else having this issue? This is very fustrating!

26 REPLIES 26

@kellya79 @nancy0531 @CannonFodder  Many times the cause of the issue starts before you access your account. When making any changes within your account...adding funds, purchasing add ons, etc....clear your browser, use incognito/secret mode in chrome or Firefox.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@kellya79 wrote:

I have been trying for the last hour to add funds to my account. I had my mastercard debit on file but when I tried to make a payment it said it could not verify the card so I deleted the card. I tried another mastercard and was told the same thing. Anybody else having this issue? This is very fustrating!

Had  a similar problem when I signed up with my Mastercard for autopayment.  I ignored the unit field and just placed my apt number followed by a dash in front of my street address ie #### - ### Street name.  And it worked.  

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@CannonFodder and @kellya79  I looked further into this and the activate screen says Unit # and the Credit Card screen says Apt. #. So it is the Apt.# that is potentially an issue not the Unit # as I said before, but only at the point of entering your card. Chuck

Just out of curiosity, I poked around a little further too, at least looking at the "Activation/Account Creation" page, and took a screenshot of it. It has a field called "Unit #", but RIGHT in front of that(in the yellow colouring), is the "Unit Type" field, which contains A LOT of choices, such as "apt., basement, upper, suite", etc. THAT'S the field that I avoided when signing up, and simply filled in the "Unit #" field. That at least allowed my activation and # port to go through, and although I haven't yet looked at the credit card page again, I'm quite sure I would've used the exact same address layout, to make sure that would also go through without incident.

Unfortunately, it seems the OP, and now someone else, in this thread had a functioning card on their account, but now it's gone south for some reason..... Smiley Frustrated

PublicMobileActivationScreen.JPG

@kellya79 wrote:

@nancy0531  I didn't get the issue resolved yet, I have a ticket opened. I purchased a voucher and added funds today as my plan had expired but I don't want to have to that every month. I tried to add funds using debit mastercard and mastercard but for both cards it told me it couldn't verify the card. I'm wondering if it's an issue using mastercard. 

Well, I guess I MIGHT end up "in the same boat", at some point, because I'm using Mastercard for autopay, but it's NOT a debit card.....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nancy0531 wrote:

@kellya79, i am thinking of the voucher to just to save my number. Yeah i tried two card debit and credit card both cannot be verified.

What surprising you know the debit card is actually the one i used for about 5months

i dont know what happen why it was deactivated thats why my account is suspended due to lack of fund coz they cannot deduct to my debit card haist im so confused.

I even follow all the instruction of simon still not working grrr 

Of course that has to be Visa Debit not just normal debit. It's been reported that Mastercard Debit works but that's unofficial.

Turn off autopay. Remove payment card. Re-do payment card. Match address exactly to the billing address. Don't use the apt# field. Don't put a space in the postal code. Re-do autopay.

But by now your cc activity on the account may be locked out due to it thinking of fraudulent activity.

nancy0531
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@kellya79, i am thinking of the voucher to just to save my number. Yeah i tried two card debit and credit card both cannot be verified.

What surprising you know the debit card is actually the one i used for about 5months

i dont know what happen why it was deactivated thats why my account is suspended due to lack of fund coz they cannot deduct to my debit card haist im so confused.

I even follow all the instruction of simon still not working grrr 

@kellya79 Did you try making a 1-time payment with both cards and they both failed? That's peculiar. Hope the Mods can straighten it out.

kellya79

@nancy0531  I didn't get the issue resolved yet, I have a ticket opened. I purchased a voucher and added funds today as my plan had expired but I don't want to have to that every month. I tried to add funds using debit mastercard and mastercard but for both cards it told me it couldn't verify the card. I'm wondering if it's an issue using mastercard. 

nancy0531

Me too that is exactly what is happenibg to my account now. Have you solve your issue can you share it 

nancy0531

I have the same issue now with you. What did you do to activate your accout and recognize your card

@kellya79  In the past I had a similar issue and as a workaround when I selected  the custom amount field and entered the amount manually I was able to add funds. Maybe worth a try.

kellya79

Thanks @geopublic . I just submitted a ticket to see if this is the problem.

kellya79

By "on-file" I meant I had previously used it on autopay. Today when I tried to add funds from this card using autopay it said that it could not verify my card and that no funds were withdrawn from my account. I have since removed this card and tried to add it to autopay again and it tells me my card cannot be verified. I have given up trying to add funds. I have tried 2 different cards and am told for both cards that my card cannot be verified. I have been with PM for over 18 months and this is the first issue I have had. I will open a ticket as someone else reccomended.

@CannonFodder and @kellya79  I looked further into this and the activate screen says Unit # and the Credit Card screen says Apt. #. So it is the Apt.# that is potentially an issue not the Unit # as I said before, but only at the point of entering your card. Chuck

@kellya79 wrote:

I have entered my info exactly as it shows on my mail that I receive from my banks. 

These are Canadian cards. 

I find it strange I used the mastercard debit before with no issues and now it tells me my info can't be verified. 

Maybe some clarification from you would help, i.e. did you simply have that original card "on file", in the system, or have you actually used it to add funds to your account in the past? Just askin', since it SEEMS that maybe you don't have autopay turned on....

@CannonFodder wrote:

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Because, @CannonFodder, if the OP follows these directions they will be led in the right direction. As for where to put the apartment number; if you put it in the address line or leave it out altogether, in my experience doesn't make any difference. Just don't put it in the Apt. Field.

Ok, some further clarification is STILL in order, i.e. you said to not fill in the apt# field, whereas popping said to not fill the apt# OR the unit# field. As stated, mine was setup using unit#, so does anybody KNOW if it's ONLY apt# that can be a potential problem? 🤔 

Are you asking if successfully entering your credit card using the Unit # field can cause you issues in the future, no it will not. But if you are having trouble entering your credit card, removing that entry, sometimes allows it to go through.

Once PM accepts your cc, you should expect it to work until something changes, (i.e address, new card, etc).

Apparently, this hasn't happened for the OP, but I doubt it has anything to do with the info entered on her original card, which had worked at some point.

@ChuckYeah wrote:

@CannonFodder Apt# is not there anymore, as I'm sure you are aware. I'll change my Macro to read Unit #. As for the Unit type, I've NEVER used that, but I'm guessing you should avoid that also.

No, actually, I wasn't aware Apt# wasn't there - I poked around, to see if I could find what fields are there, and couldn't find any of them. I recall seeing them when I signed up, but don't recall exactly what all of the available choices were.

As for Unit#, as I've mentioned twice now, my address has this filled in, i.e. in my address line, it says, "xxxx Example St., Unit xx". I don't recall 100% if I filled that in manually, on the same line, but I'm FAIRLY SURE I input the number in the Unit# field, and the system had no problem charging my card.....

@CannonFodder Apt# is not there anymore, as I'm sure you are aware. I'll change my Macro to read Unit #. As for the Unit type, I've NEVER used that, but I'm guessing you should avoid that also.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@kellya79 wrote:

Could the part in bold possibly be the problem here, i.e. are you attempting to pay via a debit card? When looking around on the site, it appears that when using a card to pay, it has to be either a credit card, or a Visa debit.....

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Because, @CannonFodder, if the OP follows these directions they will be led in the right direction. As for where to put the apartment number; if you put it in the address line or leave it out altogether, in my experience doesn't make any difference. Just don't put it in the Apt. Field.

Ok, some further clarification is STILL in order, i.e. you said to not fill in the apt# field, whereas popping said to not fill the apt# OR the unit# field. As stated, mine was setup using unit#, so does anybody KNOW if it's ONLY apt# that can be a potential problem? 🤔 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@kellya79 wrote:

@kellya79  It's possible that a cc security lock was triggered on your account and that is why you can't add your cc info. You will need to ask PM to remove the lock.

To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking the icon below:

s.JPG

@ChuckYeah wrote:

Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the apt# field. Use a 6 character postal code (X1X1X1), no space. Don't use special characters like # or &.

I'm curious as to why people keep saying this to folks with this sort of question? If the billing address of the credit card has a unit# in the address, leaving the unit# out WILL NOT match the billing address of the credit card exactly. When I signed up here, I included a unit# in my address, simply because my credit card's billing address has the unit# in it, and it HAD TO match exactly, and that seems to have worked fine. What's the deal here - what sort of nasty problem is the unit# going to cause? 🤔 

kellya79

I have entered my info exactly as it shows on my mail that I receive from my banks. 

These are Canadian cards. 

I find it strange I used the mastercard debit before with no issues and now it tells me my info can't be verified. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kellya79 wrote:

Make sure the debit card address matches what is on your account statment.
1. If you live in multi-unit building, don't use the unit # or apt#. Just use the building number.
2. If the postal code on your statement has a space in the middle, left the last digit out. PM check the first 6 characters of the postal code only including the middle space.

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the apt# field. Use a 6 character postal code (X1X1X1), no space. Don't use special characters like # or &.

If you are following these rules of thumb, I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I assume they are US or Canadian Credit Cards?

Need Help? Let's chat.