cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send texts.

Franny
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi . Ever since I set up my Samsung A5 on public mobile, I cannot send texts. I have discovered that data is missing. for example : APN, MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, APN type.

Where and how do I find this information?

Thanks.

Franny

9 REPLIES 9

@computergeek541 It seems that it has something to do with Mms text messages. Especially with pictures and videos. Dat has to be enabled to do this. So if the settings are wrong, no mms texts

@Franny Thanks for choosing a solution. 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Franny wrote:

Hi Deputy mayor.

Your info was what I needed!

Thanks a million.

I may send you a text!

Franny

I'm very confused, but as other have said, APN settings and other data settings have nothing to do with text messaging. If your issue was that you could not send text messages, any amount of changes to APN settings could not have fixed the issues that you were having.

Franny

I have alreadt thanked this person for correcting my problem.

Thanks again!!

Franny

@Franny wrote:

Hi Deputy mayor.

Thanks a million.

I may send you a text!

Franny

I'm very confused, but as other have said, APN settings and other data settings have nothing to do with text messaging. If your issue was that you could not send text messages, any amount of changes to APN settings could not have fixed the issues that you were having.

Franny

Hi Deputy mayor.

Thanks a million.

I may send you a text!

Franny

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @Franny 

Dies it happen with every messaging app you use?

Can you check with different apps?

Also can you try In another phone too make sure it's not your account that needs reprovisioning

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Franny wrote:

Hi . Ever since I set up my Samsung A5 on public mobile, I cannot send texts. I have discovered that data is missing. for example : APN, MMSC, MMS proxy, MMS port, APN type.

Thanks.

Franny

APN has no relation to texting other than MMS which is a different kind of texting.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Franny wrote:

Thanks.

Franny

BTW, regular text message does not need data.  Picture MMS needs data.

Try the simple procedure first by enable data and restart your phone.to cetting your APN automatically.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire
  • Touch Settings.
  • Scroll to and touch Mobile networks.
  • Touch Mobile networks.
  • Touch Access Point Names.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

They should be as followed.Screenshot_20191225_182521.jpg

Need Help? Let's chat.