cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive incoming calls!

Bart
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I just recently ported my number over from Wind and everything is working fine. I am able to text, use data and make outgoing calls. But when someone is trying to call me, it goes right to my old voicemail. I have emailed PM multiple times, got no response and it has been more than 48 hours. I am very disappointed with the service that PM is offering.
12 REPLIES 12

ceej

I feel that since you've already signed up for it 50 hours ago; and most likely were emailed confirmationd etails (of the price). That even if they don't fix the problem today, that they will still honour the promotional price. 

Hopefully, they will be able to fix our issues today.

Again, it seems like everything works fine, except for the fact that I cant recieve incoming calls.

In addition to this, I can't access 'my account'. Lastly, my FIDO SIM card still works perfectly. For some reason I believe that the port needs that extra nudge, and needs to be released from FIDO to PM. 

Mannie
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
It's been 50 hours for me I have not heard from a mod fixing the porting problem...since today is the last for the promo plan...hope someone can help us

ceej
Im in a sinilar situatiion, at least you're able to log into your account. I can't even log in and see any account details or anything. My credit card was already charged too. And I have no access to my account. Let alone any services. I signed up on the 18th.

Mods must be crazy busy.

Melissap

Update:  I can't receive calls.  I can receive texts, and call out, but not receive calls

Bart
I was thinking of changing my number and try porting my number back again but I'm scared I'm going to lose my number if I change it. Cause I am able to do everything with my number expect receive calls...

Melissap

this person told me what to do @Mosor

Re: Activation problem / porting from Wind to PM / can't login to self serve
Try going My Account and creating a new self serve account. Once you create one check your plan details. If it doesn't have anything but pick n play but it says you have $120 credit, select change plan. Pick the fall promo and select it to start immediately. Your credits should drop down to zero.
This works for some people but not all.

So yesterday when i did the PM activation
my wind sim card eventually stopped working
could not use the phone
so i switched sim cards to PM

that's when i saw i had no phone service with pm
so i followed Mosor's instructions
now i have service with PM

but when i call wind their porting team says they still see my number as active with them wtf

ben10nnery
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You can still call with your Wind phone?

vgdam

Try changing your number. Then re-porting your number. It may work... 

I initally selected a new number when I was activating my sim card. Couple days later (today), I finally ported my number from koodo to public mobile.. and everything seems fine. I can make calls and receive incoming calls.

Please let me know if you need more information on how to do this.

Melissap

thank you.

someone else in the community told me what to do.

you have to log into your account and change your plan to the fall promo.

there was no calling on my plan, which makes no sense, because that's not what i picked, but whatever, this is happening to other people.

now i can make calls

the one thing i don't understand is that wind is saying my number is still active with them.  wtf

also i hope i am not going to get overcharged for all the plan switcheroos

mdefina

I'm having the same issue from chatr. PMd a mod and no response. @Shazia_K 

piepie

@Bart @Melissap 

I had problems porting over my number too. I couldn't receive incoming calls at all. I would reccommend contacting them through Twitter as that seems to have the fastest response time. They replied to me on Twitter in a matter of minutes! I contacted them through direct message on twitter. If you're unable to send them a direct message, just tweet at them that you can't and they'll send you a direct message from their end. It may help to turn on the setting that allows you to receive messages from non-followers. 

Just have your Public Mobile account number, your previous carrier's account number, and the number you're porting over ready. They may ask for more information but that's all I needed to finish porting over my number. 

I hope everything works out for you! So far I'm loving Public Mobile! Man Very Happy

Melissap

I was ported over, but i cannot make or receive calls.  when i try to make a call, a voicemail says there's no calling in my Public mobile plan.  But that's not correct.  i don't have internet or anything on the phone

Need Help? Let's chat.