cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls

deelite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Transferred to Public Mobile yesterday. Call out and data ok, cannot receive incoming calls. Tried to submit ticket to moderator and would not let me... next button not highlighted. Will I not be able to receive calls if money is owed to previous provider? Help!

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deelite wrote:

My phone number is active until February 16th. 

FYI:

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider.  If your old SIM card is still working, continue to use it until it stop working which is the indication that your old provider had released your number to PM.  Then, start using your PM SIM card.  Enable data and restart your phone to let PM SIM to configure your APN settings automatically.

Porting a mobile number takes up to 2 days.  If you want, create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck

@deelite wrote:

You need to contact moderators or call the porting number provided earlier as it looks like your port maybe stuck.  You can submit a ticket to moderators here: https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Type the issue, select contact us, then submit ticket when these options appear, then follow the rest of the prompts to finish submission.  If there is an issue with SIMon chatbot, try private messaging Moderator_Team via the envelope icon top right above your post or use this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

While you wait to hear back from the moderators, try powering off your phone, remove SIM, wait several minutes and re-insert SIM and restart your phone. 

deelite
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@deelite wrote:

Transferred to Public Mobile yesterday. Call out and data ok, cannot receive incoming calls. Tried to submit ticket to moderator and would not let me... next button not highlighted. Will I not be able to receive calls if money is owed to previous provider? Help!

Might be possible your port is not complete.

Who did you port from? Some ports depending on who it's from (example Koodo prepaid) need moderators assistance.

Also when you try calling your phone from another number what happens? Does it go to voicemail? Possibly to your old provider??

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@deelite wrote:

Your old account needs to be active until the porting is completed.  Did you close the other account before finishing the port in to PM?

Also try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.