cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make or receive phone calls

Ttran0109
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

PLEASE HELP

I cannot make phone calls but still can send/receive text messages.

I put my SIM card in my husband's phone and it still cannot make call or receive call.

I put my husband's SIM card in my phone and the phone is working.

I reset network setting on my phone and it still does not work.  My account is good. 

Can you please check if my number is working ?

Thanks

22 REPLIES 22

Ttran0109

I'm able to make and receive calls now. I'm in Calgary.

slusagm
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

try reboot phone.  I think Telus is bringing the system up and down now.  But should be back any time soon 

hollyhowes
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

UGH, I spoke too soon. Back down again now but maybe a good sign I was able to make a call that progress is being made to get service back to functional. 

slusagm

thanks @hollyhowes 

did you need to reboot phone ? and which province you are at?

hollyhowes

Heads up that I can receive and place calls. Hope everyone's service is back up!

Ttran0109

I'm on 4G and my husband and son are on 5G. Maybe this is the issue.

slusagm

@Ttran0109 wrote:

I'm wondering if it is an general outage, everyone should have this issue. My husband and my son are with PM. They have no issue calling or receiving calls.

true.  I think it somehow tied with accounts as well.  Keep reboot the phone every hours and maybe it will suddenly work again.  and remember to update us 

Ttran0109

I'm wondering if it is an general outage, everyone should have this issue. My husband and my son are with PM. They have no issue calling or receiving calls.

slusagm

thanks @Katherine_Chow for confirming. I guess it is an issue on the West overall

Katherine_Chow

I'm in Vancouver

slusagm

yes, it is system wide issue for Alberta, are you in Alberta too?

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Alberta-Voice-problem/td-p/1243328

Katherine_Chow

I also cannot make or receive calls since this morning. Last night I was still able to do it. I'm able to receive text no problem.

hollyhowes

Awesome! Thank you for sharing! This explains it. 

Saffire0

I just received the following so it may be the same for you...
"Thanks for reporting this! I have checked and there is a general outage in the western area so right now our support team is working to resolve this asap. We apologie for the situation and we`ll let you know as soon as we have an update!"

slusagm

yes, it is usually easier to just message support

please let us know what PM says about the problem

Sully1

Couldn't open a ticket for some reason, but was able to text CS-Agent. Screenshot_20240819-085751_Chrome.jpg

hollyhowes

Thank you! I just sent a message through the link you provided. I appreciate having that handy!

slusagm

@Sully1 @hollyhowes 

please open ticket with PM so they are aware and hopefully fix it quicker

hollyhowes

Same issue for me. Calls are coming in, but I can't make calls out. Will continue to follow and post an update if I receive new information. 

Sully1

We have two phones and neither can dial out or receive calls. Outbound drops immediately and inbound callers get busy signal. 

SMS and data are working fine.

Ttran0109

Thank you!

I sent a  message using the link you sent.

slusagm

there are at least 2 posts today about voice problem.  But for them, they can receive call just not able to make the calls.

I think you tried everything you can.  So, please ask PM to help.   Open ticket with PM using the Orange Chatbot icon on the lower right. Type the question Submit ticket and select Contact Us to get to ticket open screen

or message them using this link:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.