cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot make calls

EF03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I cannot make any outgoing calls. I get the message that my phone is not connected to the network...

I can send and receive texts. I believe I can receive calls as well. 

I tried taking my sim card out and restarting my phone several times.

25 REPLIES 25

Yennn
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey, I have the same issue. Cannot make out coming calls, but still receive in coming calls & text. My account is active amd I have tried all the trouble shoots but No Luck. Can anyone help cuz I cannot submit a ticket or even chat with a CS. 

EF03

UPDATE: I submitted a ticket and they refreshed my SIM. Everything is working now. 

There's yet another previous method but it requires your money. Do a manual payment into your account. I haven't done that since the new system so I don't know what amounts are possible. It used to be we could put in a dollar. Then it became it had to be your plan amount. That might still be. The effect would be that you would then have a balance in your account. Then your next renewal will use that first. Then your next renewal will go back to using the registered card. (assuming you don't have a substantial balance in your account and that you use autopay)

Are you on the old dollar rewards system or the new points system?

Interesting that now all of a sudden your partner can call you when they couldn't just earlier.

EF03

Thank you. I tried and its still not working. My partner is able to call me now. 

Hopefully they will be able to help me tomorrow with my ticket. Thanks for your help.

I updated my previous reply.

EF03

Yes I got that text. 

Yeah, I submitted a ticket. Thanks for your help.

Ok good. That at least means the account is active. Which is shown by the fact that you can get texts. So you got the 611 text telling you you accessed it?
I guess I'm fresh out of ideas especially not being an Apple guy. You were given the link to support earlier, had you started that process?

Adding - I'm not sure it's the sim. Seems to me it rarely is. Try logging in and use the lost-stolen function to put the account on hold. Log out, log back in using the email address method for 2fa, and resume from the hold. Then restart the phone. I don't know if this method still does anything useful for this but it used to.

EF03

The recording told me when my next payment was due. 

Nothing I can find. Phone is not restricted. 

I may just go get a new sim card tmrrw.

Looking around for other possibilities - settings, screen time, app limits - is there anything set? (I'm not an Apple guy so I don't know what comes next)
Settings, screen time, content and privacy restrictions - is phone on here?
Settings, do not disturb - anything about times here?

From your partners phone dial 1-855-4pu-blic and enter your number and tell us the recording you get.

EF03

It says 7B1 and tells me my phone is not activated on  the network. 

Yes, he can send me a real sms text. 

And can your partner send you a real sms text?
Dial 611 and tell us the recording you get.

EF03

It was just a temporary one. So I cannot use it. 

EF03

I actually juts got my partner to try my number and it didnt work. However I received a call earlier today.. 

Can you call out using the Telus sim you mentioned?

EF03

I can try. And Yes, green texts. I cannot make any calls out. I tried multiple different numbers including my partners. 

Can you try the sim in another phone? So, green texts? Is this just one number you're trying or all calls out?

EF03

No updates pending. 

Calling in, Real SMS texts (including IMessages and real texts) in and out all work.  

APN wouldn't affect calling. If you're using an iphone, what about going in to settings, general, about and seeing if any updates happen.
Can we nail down exactly what all works. Calling in? Real sms texts in and out? (not chat or imessage)

EF03

Neither of those suggestions worked. Thank you for your help though. 

I wonder if your APN info was switched? It should be Public Mobile. APN: sp.mb.com   I have a feeling it's set as sp.telus.com

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/set-up-data-on-an-android-phone#:~:text=Name%3A%...

Sansan
Mayor / Maire

Try turning airplane mode on and off. Then leave it powered off for a few minutes. It should fix itself shortly.

EF03

I was using a different sim card (telus) for a couple weeks in another country. I may have stopped working after I put my public mobile SIM card back in. 

Well that's weird. I'd try to reset your networks and reboot. That should clear it up. If it doesn't, you can always reach out to a CS Agent and ask them to reset your network as well. You will have to shut off your phone for that though.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

EF03

Hello. 

No, it just randomly stopped working as far as I can tell. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hi @EF03 

Depending on your phone, you can go into network settings and reset them all. Just know this will remove any saved WiFi passwords. Then reboot.

Also, did you just port over from somewhere else?

Need Help? Let's chat.