cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Receive Text or Call

renia
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Im new to the PM community. My problem is the following - I can send messages and call on my device, but cannot receive either.

I have a redmi note 3 - the phone has been verified compatoble with PM via IMEI.

I have the $120 plan which includes data, text and call.

So far, Ive setup android APN. The sim has was activated a week ago. 

I transferred my number from my previous plan (fido). It is important to note that the fido sim is still active currently under the same number. I dont know if this might be the issue. 

Can someone please help me out, I feel like ive tried everything.

Thanks,

Renata

2 REPLIES 2

@renia wrote:

I transferred my number from my previous plan (fido). It is important to note that the fido sim is still active currently under the same number. I dont know if this might be the issue. 

That, itself, isn't an issue as that's just how Public Mobile does number porting.  Until the phone number has been completely transfered, all incoming communications will continue to go to your Fido line.  For outgoing communications, either your Public or Fido services can be used.  When the phone numer transfer is complete, your Fido service will just stop working.  You may just want to continue using your Fido sim for now, at least until the transfer is complete.  It sometimes takes a few hours.  If it has been a longer than normal time since you requested the transfer, you'll need to ask Public to step in.

imcphers
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Spoiler

If you tried to port you number a week ago without success, then you should ask for help from a moderator. 

You will have to private message @Mary_M with your porting details. 

Due to the high number of folks moving to Public Mobile, there has been an increase in the number of issues which has affected the time it takes to resolve. Hopefully they address your issue quickly. 

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/All-you-need-to-know-about-our-Communit...

Need Help? Let's chat.