cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't use my account

rajirugi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've just registered an account with Public Mobile. I installed my Public Mobile SIM card which is correctly recognized by my phone, I made a payment for my first month of service, but every time I try to make a call or send a text message, my phone says "Waiting for Connection" and nothing happens.

I had to call my previous company to reactivate my account there since I need my phone for work. Their service works just fine, but for some reason Public Movile doesn't for me.

I'd appreciate som help to fix the problem.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4

rajirugi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
@gblackma wrote:

@rajirugi what's the make and model of your phone? Try switching your sim into another phone. Stay safe 

It's a Moto G7 Play from Motorola.

Model number : XT1952-2

Maybe it's worth noting that the phone has a dual SIM option and I put the Public Mobile SIM card in the second SIM card slot. But I did call my old phone company before making the switch to transfer my number.

@Anonymous wrote:

@rajirugi  - Did you have any errors during signup?  How long ago did you sign up?  Have you rebooted your phone since sign up?  Does the phone's network show Public Mobile or Telus?

I didn't see any errors when I signed up about 2 weeks ago. The phone network now says Telus since I told them to reactivate my account with them. I tried to rebbot and shut off/turn on my phone over a dozen times since I signed up and before I went back to Telus.

@esjliv wrote:

Hi @rajirugi ,

Are you in wifi, is your phone's wifi turned on?

General troubleshooting tips for Android devices

1. Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that's all it takes to fix a bad connection.
  2. If restarting doesn't work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data:
    • Open your Settings app esjliv_0-1598568410794.png esjliv_1-1598568410795.png "Wireless & networks" or "Connections". Depending on your device, these options may be different. 
    • Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check to see if there's a difference.
    • If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and see if that works.

Yes the wifi is turned on but it doesn't affect my current line. Since I asked my old company to reactivate my number with them, I don't think I can test this with Public Mobile right now.

Thanks for the help.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @rajirugi ,

Are you in wifi, is your phone's wifi turned on?

General troubleshooting tips for Android devices

1. Restart your device. It might sound simple, but sometimes that's all it takes to fix a bad connection.
  2. If restarting doesn't work, switch between Wi-Fi and mobile data:
    • Open your Settings app esjliv_0-1598568410794.png esjliv_1-1598568410795.png "Wireless & networks" or "Connections". Depending on your device, these options may be different. 
    • Turn Wi-Fi off and mobile data on, and check to see if there's a difference.
    • If not, turn mobile data off and Wi-Fi on and see if that works.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rajirugi  - Did you have any errors during signup?  How long ago did you sign up?  Have you rebooted your phone since sign up?  Does the phone's network show Public Mobile or Telus?

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rajirugi what's the make and model of your phone? Try switching your sim into another phone. Stay safe 

Need Help? Let's chat.