cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't call a 647 number from a 647 number with province-wide plan

ehsan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm in Toronto, I have a province-wide plan, and I can't make a call to a local mobile number starting with 647.

The automatic message says "Sorry, you can not complete the call. You do not have an active long distance add on and the call is not covered by your plan."

I see this is a common problem some users face e.g. my wife, friends with Public Mobile, I've tried a few of the suggestions from other threads (restarting phone, removing/adding the +1 at the start of the number), but still no luck.

I've seen in below link people talking about same issue and contacting @CS_Agent for help with this

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Can-t-call-a-647-number/m-p/195894/hi...

As @mimmo said, you'll need to contact the @CS_Agent for help with this. Likely there is an errors somewhere in the system preventing you from calling locally.

Any suggestions?

7 REPLIES 7

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good afternoon everyone,

I'm just updating the thread - the issue has now been resolved. Can you please power cycle and test your outgoing calls?

Cheers,

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

ehsan

I've ping public mobile for this issue:

https://twitter.com/ehsaneskandarim/status/927547909788315648

ehsan

I've heard that some other colleagues here with Public Mobile has the same issue. I confirmed that so far there are 5 other colleages with same issue here.

brutus99

Can't even message a Mod here, getting this message:

You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later.

Seriously?  😠😠

brutus99

No didn't renew, next week it's renewing.   

To me this looks like more than just specific account issue!    My brother also can't make calls!   

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@brutus99 did your plans just renew?  it might have been a renewal issue.  either way  it is prabably best to contact the moderators, and let them know which accounts are at issue.

brutus99

They better fix this without me asking for help 😠   It's happening to me, my husband, my brother, etc!   Started this morning!    

WTF is going on?    When will this be resolved?? 

Need Help? Let's chat.