cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't add Add-On

pankajnina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm on the $40 for 4GB plan and am trying to add a US Roaming addon to my account.

I've added a $50 balance on my account, but my service is still showing as Inactive. It says that my service expired on Sept 28, 2019 (so 1 month in the future). 

I can't add any Add-On to my account because it complains that my service is inactive. I can't find a way to activate my service either, because when I click "Reactive my plan" it wants me to add even more money to my account, when I clearly have enough money already.

I restarted my phone and logged on/off multiple times but no luck. Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks 

4 REPLIES 4

pankajnina
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi all,

Thanks for your responses. Unfortunately the steps listed didn't help, but I did find a workaround that was successful 🙂

Basically I realized that the disabling of the "Add Add-on" button was likely a validation on the website front-end alone. I had sufficient funds and a valid plan, so I figured the "server-side" validation would've allowed this update.

To test my theory, I modified the HTML on the page. Essentially open up Developer Tools in your browser, find the button that is disabled, and remove the "disabled" flag that is set on the button. Voila the button is now clickable, and it initiates the Add Add-on popup and was successfully applied on my account.

Note that this only worked because my account was in good standing and had sufficient funds, I'm certain if otherwise then the final step would have failed (regardless of any HTML/JS updates)

Hope this helps someone in the future!

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@pankajnina This is definately looking like a pattern, not saying this is what happened to you, but we've seen it a lot. Payment comes late, perhaps not even AFTER expiry, the system sees the payment, but perhaps due to payment/renewal timing (latency) does not take the money.

I'm wondering if it might be good procedure if you pay late to plan to make a second payment of say $1 or $5 with a voucher as this seems to work almost every time. I hate to say it as I'm no expert, but I think it's the latency in the self serve system showing its effects (or is it affects) again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pankajnina wrote:

I'm on the $40 for 4GB plan and am trying to add a US Roaming addon to my account.

I've added a $50 balance on my account, but my service is still showing as Inactive. It says that my service expired on Sept 28, 2019 (so 1 month in the future). 

I can't add any Add-On to my account because it complains that my service is inactive. I can't find a way to activate my service either, because when I click "Reactive my plan" it wants me to add even more money to my account, when I clearly have enough money already.

I restarted my phone and logged on/off multiple times but no luck. Hoping someone here can help!

Thanks 

@pankajnina Before you can purchase an addon you need to reactivate your account.

First try putting your phone in airplane mode

Wait for 15 minutes and check your service. If it's still suspended then add $1 to your account. Restart your phone. Does it work? If it's still not working then try the lost stolen trick.

While you are waiting for the moderator to respond, you may try the lost/stolen phone trick:

Warning: By perforning the following procedure there is a strong chance that you will have to forfeit your AutoPay reward for the current period. If you have AutoPay enabled use at your own risk.

To report your phone stolen. Login to your selfserve account. Choose Plans and Add-ons tab. Choose the Lost/Stolen Phone tab. Choose Suspend Service tab. Wait 15 minutes. Report your phone found. Re-start you phone

chung01
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That's an odd issue. Might need a mod to help you reset settings on their end

Following link opens new message to mod team. Hope you get help from them!

Contact Moderator Team (customer service):

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.