cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Receive Short-Code Texting

davjho2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from a VOIP service a while ago and am unable to receive short-code texts for verification purposes. Is there any way to get around this or fix it?

6 REPLIES 6

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@will13am, the thread is actually from a year ago Smiley Wink  But, it very likely still takes just as long to port over numbers from VOIP... Smiley Frustrated

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@davjho2, here is a recent thread on porting in from a voip service.  Expect it to take a couple of weeks.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Transfer-voip-number-to-public-mobile/m-p...

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@davjho2

Howl long ago did you port your number? It shouldn't take more than a couple of days, but there could be some underlying issues that need to be resolved with a moderators' support.

Are you receiving any text messages at all? Does everything else work as it should (data, calls, outgoing SMS)?  If the only issue is with the short code SMS, and it has been more than a week since you ported your number, I would go ahead and contact the moderators as explained here:

Contacting our Community Moderators

henrik
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi @davjho2,

Porting can take a couple hours.  Sometimes the port gets stuck and a MOD needs to look into it.   You can send a PM to @CS_Agent with the details and they can look into it.

In the meantime, you can download some free SMS app like TextMe to get your short code and verification process going 🙂

Hope this helps.

davjho2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my number from a VOIP service to Public Mobile.

passiveegg
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you port in your VOIP service? i am not very familiar with this service but im glady happy too helpp 

Need Help? Let's chat.