cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Port Phone Number From PC Mobile / Koodo

ColinS123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I just got a new SIM activated and I cannot port over my old number from PC mobile (now rebranded Koodo).

I get an error message saying:

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

Could a moderator please help me with this issue?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

ColinS123
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I actually have 2 active phone numbers/SIMs at the moment - waiting for the number on the first to port over before I cancel it.

Thanks for the help!

@sulagok

In general we always advise activating a temp number first

It rarely happens (1%?) but if port does error out you can be left without a phone for days

At least with a temp number you can still make important calls while awaiting the fix

All prepay port requests (Koodo / PC Mobile) MUST be submitted to a Mod

You can NOT do this port on your own (since same brand)

@ColinS123

Send a request (incl all details, account number, name, address etc) to the @CS_Agent

sulagok
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @ColinS123,

I think there's an instruction to choose a number first if you're porting from Koodo and Freedom mobile. I ported my number from Koodo when I joined PM and had no issue as I followed that instruction.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@ColinS123 wrote:

Hello,

I just got a new SIM activated and I cannot port over my old number from PC mobile (now rebranded Koodo).

I get an error message saying:

"We were unable to transfer the phone number you entered. Try one of the following options:
-  Make sure you entered your number correctly.
-  Select a new number.
-  Contact the Public Mobile Community for further assistance."

Could a moderator please help me with this issue?

Thanks!

If you are certain you have entered everything correctly you will need to contact the MODs to fix the port. Koodo's prepaid has been known to cause issues.

To get help with your account, activation, or service? Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with your account.They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue; "https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder..."
Click here to send them a private message. 'https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437  
In your message please include: PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?Provide any 3 of the following: Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date amount.

How long until they reply?  Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]. Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received.

Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, but can be up to 48 hours.

There is no need to send multiple messages.Some good posts/reads: Search PM GUIDE to find some great posts and answers to many common questions.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

Need Help? Let's chat.