cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Port From Wind - Error

tsm28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Couldn't port from Wind during the activation so I chose a temporary number.  Tried porting again now that my account is active but received this error:

We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

Filled in all the fields for the port request.

10 REPLIES 10

jgorman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Great news 😀

Pillzberri
Glad you got it fixed!

tsm28
Found the problem! When I filled in the Alternate Number field in the port form, Chrome auto-fill went back and changed the port number field as well. I couldn't see it cause my low resolution laptop had scrolled it off the top of the screen.

tsm28

Thanks.  That's actually the first combination I tried.

Pillzberri
When I ported from wind I used account number pin alternate number and name on the wind account

ASharpTM
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I think I read some people were having success by using a different browser. I'm not sure if that will work but it's worth a shot.

It seems their server or network too busy since tons of people are signing up and porting in the last few hours of the promotion.

fktw3

@tsm28, oh, that sucks.  Hopefully, it'll work tomorrow. 

tsm28

Thanks for the suggestion but got the same error.  I'll try again in the morning.

fktw3

I ported 3 numbers from Wind.  I usually just enter the account number.  I figured that the more info I give them, the higher chance that something is mismatched.  It worked fine all 3 times.  If you can, try again with just the account number.

Need Help? Let's chat.