cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can call out but cannot receive calls

caldecott5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just signed up to PM, cannot receive calls but I can dial out. Any idea what the issue is please?

7 REPLIES 7

@caldecott5 wrote:

But then I cannot use the data I have on my plan

Data on your new PM plan? Yes you can. 

Maybe you mean if you keep your old providers sim in the phone you cant use your new plans data...True. That’s how it goes porting numbers between providers. For an “inconvienience comparison”... renembervthat until fairly recently there was no porting. New provider meant new phone number.

Terry

@caldecott5If you are using an Android phone make sure the APN settings are correct for data to work correctly.

@caldecott5 wrote:

Still nothing?

Can you get a temporary number with fongo or textNow, then use your old sim and forward all your calls to it. This way you can use your new sim and you don't miss calls to your number

It's really not a bad pair with the service when you have data, i use rextnow cause it gives me unlimited to usa and Canadian number

It may take2 days for port to complete

I'd it's not done tomorrow contact the moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

caldecott5
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

goldilock
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It usually means the port is not complete. It can take up to 2 business days or longer if it's a port from a voip or home phone. You will receive a text message when the port is complete. It's up to the compnay you are with to release the phone number, hence the delay. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Did you port your number?

Port may take some time, you can keep using old sim till it's done

If not, what happens when you try to call yourself?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@caldecott5 wrote:

I just signed up to PM, cannot receive calls but I can dial out. Any idea what the issue is please?

My guess is you transferred a number from a previous provider. That's common until the transfer is complete. You could use your prior SIM until it stops working and that would tell you that the transfer is complete.

Need Help? Let's chat.