cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from Oshawa Ontario long distance?

Huma1470
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
We just switched to this network and it works excellently. But just concerned about the calls. While calling any number which is in Scarborough or Markham it's saying long distance charges will apply. Plz help me how to solve this issue.
7 REPLIES 7

micki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I get that all the time too, And  I am from the area.  Its no biggy. 

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@daredogg, the system notifying you that you are dialing a long distance number is actually accurate according to the regional distribution of area codes.  

However, our plans include long distance calls within the province of Ontario.

Since all plans with PM inlcude at least province-wide calling, I think that PM will eventually get to this setting on the system to do away with this courtesy message telling us about long distance charges. 

@imm1304 you say it's a minor glitch, but I remember getting this message forever, even when I was with Telus, and Rogers before that years ago. I really didn't realize adding the +1 will eliminate the message. Cool! Robot LOL

Huma1470
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Wow that's a quick response. I appreciate it!! Thanks.

imm1304

Hi @Huma1470!

Its just a minor glitch.  The system is telling you that you are dialing a long distance number.. and that is true according to the traditional regions where Oshawa was outside the GTA local calling area.  BUT, your plan includes province-wide calling and you won't get billed for calling within Ontario.  Your calls to Toronto/Scarborough should go through just fine even after that message plays.  Besides, PM is prepaid so you won't get a bill later for long distance.  

So, to avoid hearing that message, just dial 1 or save the contacts on your phone with 1 before the number.  

oldman
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Huma1470 wrote:
We just switched to this network and it works excellently. But just concerned about the calls. While calling any number which is in Scarborough or Markham it's saying long distance charges will apply. Plz help me how to solve this issue.

Is it saying... long distance charges MAY apply?

Anyway, add a 1 to the number you're dialing.

Rockdaddy22
Dial 1 first.
Need Help? Let's chat.