cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls and texts barely work

astroveg
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

First day with Public Mobile. For 85% of the day I could not receive or make calls. The calls I did make were dropped after a minute. For textin,g it takes about 5 minutes for my text to send, if is sends at all, and not recieiving all my texts.. Starting to feel like i got ripped off. Reset my phone a million times. Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm in Ottawa so coverage should be good. 

8 REPLIES 8

astroveg

Great, I'll contact them, thanks for the help @geopublic 

@astroveg wrote:

Yes I checked, it is compatible. Any other ideas? @geopublic 

@astroveg  Are you running stock Android? What is the preferred network connection setting. You also might message thr moderator team to check your account. 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

astroveg

Yes I checked, it is compatible. Any other ideas? @geopublic 

@astroveg wrote:

I'm not using data do I need to set APN setting for calls and texting?

@astroveg @Only if you want to be able to use mms with texting.

Did you make sure your phone is compatible with PM?

astroveg

I'm not using data do I need to set APN setting for calls and texting?

astroveg

A Sony Xperia M4 Aqua E2306 .. 

mojorising
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What phone do you have? What plan are you on? Did you input the APN settings for SMS and data?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@astroveg wrote:

First day with Public Mobile. For 85% of the day I could not receive or make calls. The calls I did make were dropped after a minute. For textin,g it takes about 5 minutes for my text to send, if is sends at all, and not recieiving all my texts.. Starting to feel like i got ripped off. Reset my phone a million times. Any ideas what might be causing this? I'm in Ottawa so coverage should be good. 

@astroveg What type of phone do you have?

Need Help? Let's chat.