cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling not working

JenL
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I can make calls and texts but I cannot get calls or texts. Please help me anyone!?

10 REPLIES 10

shep22
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JenL hi if none of the suggestions are working contact the moderators ask Simon the robot  here to speak to a human to generate a ticket    check envelope top right for a response they usually reply between 2-48 hours

@JenL your SIM  maynot have provisioned properly.  Contact the moderators and ask them to reset your SIM. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

JenL

No, it's a new number in our area.

@JenL Is he transferring his number from another carrier?

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@JenL  

How to Reset network settings on Apple iPhone XR
  1. Tap on Settings from the Home screen.
  2. Next, tap General.
  3. Scroll down to and then tap Reset to continue.
  4. Select the option to Reset Network Settings.
  5. If prompted, enter the correct passcode for your device.
  6. Then tap the option to confirm network settings reset.

Did you port a number? It can take up to 3 hours for the port to complete if from another cell provider. If from a voip or landline up to 7 days. If its been longer than 3 hours and the port is from another cell provider, then the port is probably stuck.  Contact the modsrators and ask them to fix it for you.  There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@JenL 

1. From the home screen navigate to Settings>General>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings
If prompted enter your passcode
3. Tap Reset Network Settings
4. Restart your phone

JenL

I'm going to try that now. Thanks!

JenL

IPhone XR 

When we got the phone I put my SIM in it to test it and the IPhone received a call. We got the new SIM activated in Wal-Mart we put it in and it was working right away. I called my son twice already but, when we got home he noticed he could only make calls not get them. It has been reset.

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@JenL wrote:

I can make calls and texts but I cannot get calls or texts. Please help me anyone!?

@JenL hello try airplane mode for 5 minutes than reboot your phone also take your sim out and reinstall 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@JenL what's the make and model of your phone?  Try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.