cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling issues

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Is anybody else having trouble calling landlines? I can call another cell phone but if I try to call a landline the car will not connect. This has been happening for a few hours now

11 REPLIES 11

@bledrew wrote:

Are you in NL?  There is a problem here for sure affecting Telus and Koodo as per news article.  I suspect PM will be the same.  Appears to be an issue between Bell and Telus affecting inbound and outbound landline calls.

HI @bledrew  do you have a link to the article?

jor123
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I'm also in NL and can't call any Bell landlines since last night. 

Edsport

I'm in NL and having same problem. I just talked to my brother and he also has same problem.

bledrew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Same problem happened with Telus a couple of years ago.  Took them a few days to get it fixed. 

ashhiscock

Thank you so much! I am in Newfoundland, and I actually just called Telus technical support and they told me the same thing it is a widespread issue right now

bledrew
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Are you in NL?  There is a problem here for sure affecting Telus and Koodo as per news article.  I suspect PM will be the same.  Appears to be an issue between Bell and Telus affecting inbound and outbound landline calls.

@ashhiscock wrote:

Sorry but you are incorrect. Where I am from I do not need to put in an area code and I’ve been using a phone for 35 years. This issue only started within the past week or so and tonight has been the longest it has run. I do not need to put an area code in front of the phone number

I never said that you specifically had to dial the area code for local calls, only that calling from everywhere off the top of my head requires it. I'm aware that there still some locations where this is not required.  It's still a good practice and still my suggestion to try it to see if the call go through, although as I said earlier, this issue is something likely beyond your control.

ashhiscock

Sorry but you are incorrect. Where I am from I do not need to put in an area code and I’ve been using a phone for 35 years. This issue only started within the past week or so and tonight has been the longest it has run. I do not need to put an area code in front of the phone number

@ashhiscock wrote:

I should not even have to put in the area code to make a local call to a landline. This is not the first time this is happened to me, it’s been ongoing now for hours.

@ashhiscock wrote:

I should not even have to put in the area code to make a local call to a landline. This is not the first time this is happened to me, it’s been ongoing now for hours.

In most places that I'm aware of, the area code is required even for local calls.  It's a good habbit to get into because of the contant introduction of new area codes.

ashhiscock

@ashhiscock wrote:

Is anybody else having trouble calling landlines? I can call another cell phone but if I try to call a landline the car will not connect. This has been happening for a few hours now

I suspect that before you find an explaination for this, things will start working properly on their own without your taking any action. Sometimes, there can be temporary issues.  There are no setttings that you could possible change nor are there any accounts settings that could be changed that would have any effect on this relating to specifically calling landlines.  But, I would try redial by adding a 1 before the area code.

Need Help? Let's chat.