cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling a Canadian, being told US error

boomerangfarm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have a Canadian number, I'm calling a Canadian.  My account is up to date, and I even have free US mins left.  But, my call doesn't go through, telling me I don't have a US calling plan.  It's making lots of sense why I can't make this important call right now, fantastic.

10 REPLIES 10

@BKNS27- Well...yes...you have a US cell service. As do I. From Red Pocket Mobile via ebay. But yes ad-supported free talk and text is pretty darn good. I paid $30US for a year of limited minutes/texts/data that refreshes every 30 days.

@dust2dust 

Just so happens I was across the line this afternoon at Costco, Bellingham. Called and texted my spouse about all the sales item on the TextNow SIM…totally FREE calling and texting on LTE…no wifi required.

IMG_0759.jpeg

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

@BKNS27- lol yeah I tripped over that too. Top of the Peak Chair due south to the border is about 118km. Then about 275km to the space needle. No way anybody finds a US tower from Whistler.

@pkaraa 

I am in Vancouver and not getting Seattle towers. Hmmm

boomerangfarm

Restart solved problem, should have tried that first thank you 

boomerangfarm

Yes, calling from Canada, from same area code of my number and number called.  My phone adds the 1, but may try both.  But, going to reboot 1st.  I’m pretty far north of US towers, that seems maybe impossible.  

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boomerangfarm wrote:

To correct this, it actually says because I don't have a US roaming add on.  Well, ok, I'm in Whistler, BC, shouldn't be an issue now should it.

Whistler BC you might be catching some towers of Seattle. 

Try rebooting the device.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@boomerangfarm are you calling from within Canada too?

Check the area code and try dialing 1 before the 10 digit number.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Are you adding the 1 in front of the 10 digits? Maybe even a restart. This has been a thing for the last short while. It may be related to the bumpy roll out of volte.

boomerangfarm

To correct this, it actually says because I don't have a US roaming add on.  Well, ok, I'm in Whistler, BC, shouldn't be an issue now should it.

Need Help? Let's chat.