cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus data used before plan data ran out

Jenniyah
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

I have a 1GB data plan, (500/500 w/ auto pay), but for some reason, after using only 200MB of data, the bonus 3GB add on started to be used.

How do i rectify this? 

My understanding is that the account should use the 1GB first, then use the 3GB and any unused 3GB will be carried over. 

EDIT - SOLVED: SOLUTION: contact moderator. They are currently reviewing and have submitted a IT Ticket. 

15 REPLIES 15

@Jenniyah 

Okay, sounds to me like tome to contact a moderator to take a look at what is happening. Let us know what they find!

AE_Collector

Jenniyah

I'm basing off usage history. Which lists daily usage.

The previous month had no where near 1GB usage. 

I"ve only had this account for 1.5 months, so it was easy to see the past usage. 

@Jenniyah 

On what are you basing your estimations of the amount of data you use each month? It is very easy to have something start using data unexpectedly and go through significant amounts of data. My guess would have been that your bonus data was tapped into during the previous billing period and then at renewal you have gone back to your included plan data but not if your phone really only used 50mb (virtually nothing) last month. You can see your daily use of data in the online Self Service area.

AE_Collector

Jenniyah

The previous month is not enough used to have the 3gb kick in.  That's the issue... either way.. only moderator can help. 

HI @Jenniyah ,

You mentioned your "previous" cycle only used 50mb. So when you renewed, your plan did not go back to 1GB? Is that what happened?

In case it is not clear, Every 30-day cycle your PLAN Data resets.

But your add-on will continue to be carried over until used up.

Jenniyah

Previous cycle only used like 50mb.

That's why I'm confused what happened.....

I've pm the moderator.  Only they can solve this it looks like

@Jenniyah wrote:

Screenshot_20201004-173146_Chrome.jpg

 screenshot of the date usage

Based on the image, you haven't used anywhere near 200MB for this billing cycle.  it it possible that the amount used from the bonus is from a previous billing cycle?

Jenniyah

Screenshot_20201004-173146_Chrome.jpg

 screenshot of the date usage

when did this start to happen?  

@Jenniyah wrote:

yes, the 3gb bonus data started  to be used BEFORE my 1GB in plan data was used up.

How to fix this?

If the addon is being used up then contact the moderators about this as @Jb456 posted, but can you post a screen shot of your "My Data And Add-Ons" section, to see the whole picture?

@Jenniyah wrote:

yes, the 3gb bonus data started  to be used BEFORE my 1GB in plan data was used up.

How to fix this? 

This is not something that you can fix yourself. it is an account issue. Open a ticket with the moderators by going to https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat

Jenniyah

How to fix this? 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Jenniyah...

have a look at what apps are using data as some of them can be perdy hungry. I turn off all data to each app except the ones I need. Then if I need to use a data app, I'll turn thaat on while in use only.

Your plan data should be consumed before any other bucket of data. Have a look at your 30 day history to see if you can see any pattern of excessive data consumption.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

You're understanding is correct.

In 30 day period from payment date. If you use up your plan data then the add-on kicks in until next payment due date. At renewal your plan data will reset for the new 30 days and your add-on will rollover. Then plan data starts again and the add-on waits in background until it's needed again.

If this is not happening contact moderators to look into it for you.

Simon.JPG

Or private message them at this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hello,

Yes, your 1GB is used first.

If it doesn't show what is left in your overview, you used it up.

Mine below is showing 149 MB used out of 250 MB. Does yours show anything?

esjliv_0-1601855734940.png

Need Help? Let's chat.