cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autopay failed. Account suspended.

Jgk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Autopay date was March 18th.

Today March 19th, I lost all service and when I checked on my account it was suspended. I received the autopay reward and did a manual payment. Account is now in service.

Two questions:

1) Will I get double charged? (Last time I had account issues and was triple charged, it took a few weeks to get the refund and some frustration with lost time during an out of country trip.)

2) Will I have problems in June when my 90 day plan expires again? 

3) Is my account broken? (Honestly, if you keep gving me the autopay reward I don't really mind if I have to manually log in. I just want to have the certainty. If you tell me autopay will fail again in June, I'm cool with that. I can deposit the money before the plan expires.)

History: My account was one of the Fall 2016 promo accounts that got messed up in December 2016. I had a lot of frustration because I was out of the country on roaming when my account broke. It was fixed last time and I asked the same question because I wanted to make sure the payment would go through in March. Luckily I wasn't travelling to another country today, so it was a lot easier to resolve.

3 REPLIES 3

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

The PM mods are pretty helpful in dealing with overcharges, unlike some of the other companies that I have dealt with before.

I have always put money in through vouchers and leave the credit card as backup autopay.  Then I have the flexibility of using retailers giftcard while keeping the autopay reward.

zhadj030
Mayor / Maire

So that is 3 questions not two 🙂

1) It shouldn't happen, if it does cnotact a mod

2) see above 

3) maybe !!!. It could be! I understand your frustration and I agree it could be annoying , check with a mod again to see if there are any issues going on

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

1) maybe; better track your credit card

2) based on my time watching the forum, you will not have a problem. Seems to happen just once. BUT check your phone service the day after expiry and, perhaps, have a backup plan in mind; for example: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

3) no, just "buggie". If you leave autopay turned on, and make a manual payment ahead of renewal you will still get the autopay reward. Your manual payment becomes Available Funds. Here's an explanation of how we think the system operates: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/EXPIRED-vs-SUSPENDED-AVAILABLE-FUNDS-vs-...

Remember the fastest way to get moderator assistance is by sending any one of them a private message with your phone number and an explanation. Coverage is currently: Mon-Thursday 9am(EST) to 9pm(EST) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(EST) to 5:30pm(EST).

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.