cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoPay Glitch Ramifications

brandyn_marx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This morning, AutoPay had a bit of a glitch, so many accounts were suspended in error. This issue is described in greater detail in the following thread:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/System-maintenance-April-15-2018-12-00-...

I'm curious as to whether or not this will cause any further problems for AutoPay users affected by this glitch. Will it count towards our customer record (if one exists) that we technically paid late? Will the late payment be conveyed to any credit reporting agencies? Additionally, has this happened in the past, and if so, how was it handled? Will this time be different?

9 REPLIES 9

Acekiller
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

companies don't report to credit bureaus unless you have 2 or more non payments.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Wally1 wrote:

This happened to me. My account is due to renew April 16, 2018 but instead of applying the more then adequate funds I have on my account, I received an error message saying "Plan Expired". 

When wilk Public Mobile apply my funds and renew my plan?  

@Wally1 as @pakmode2 alluded to, what you were seeing was likely the "normal" renewal process taking place.  As long as you did not lose service during that time, there's nothing to be alarmed about.  Is everything back to "Active" this morning and all your services working fine?  I would expect so. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pakmode2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yeah it's a total PITA  OP, but nothing to worry about. 

Wally1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

This happened to me. My account is due to renew April 16, 2018 but instead of applying the more then adequate funds I have on my account, I received an error message saying "Plan Expired". 

When wilk Public Mobile apply my funds and renew my plan?  

Something such as this isn't a late payment.  There is no agreement that in place between you and Public Mobile that says that you must pay by a certain time/date.   Your service just doesn't work if you don't pay by the plan renewal date.  In addition, tops up to your Public Mobile account aren't considered bill payments by credit agencies. 

In the case of a glitch in the autopay system, your card will just never be charged or your card simply gets declined. 

@ute1978 wrote:

@brandyn_marx wrote:
I'm curious as to whether or not this will cause any further problems for AutoPay users affected by this glitch.

I will report back as my autopay renewal is due on April 19... Fingers crossed. I hope it will be a smooth transition into the 2 year loyalty club.

It seems that this issue with autopay was associated with the maintenance on the weekend and for a short period of time (the time when renewals are done) the system had an error not allowing for the renewal.  For anyone that has experienced this and may not have service you will need to manually add funds and it will then autorenew for you.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

ute1978

@brandyn_marx wrote:
I'm curious as to whether or not this will cause any further problems for AutoPay users affected by this glitch.

I will report back as my autopay renewal is due on April 19... Fingers crossed. I hope it will be a smooth transition into the 2 year loyalty club.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I would not worry even if this was post paid.  If a problem occurs due to no fault of the customer, there is no reason for the carrier to take immediate action.  These kind of things only become a problem if/when a carrier decides to pass the case over to a collection agency.  It is not in the interest of the carriers to create enemies without proper cause. 

koimr1

I don't have all your answers but I can tell you that you don't need to worry about this affecting your credit.

Because this is a pre-paid service, a missed/late payment just means you don't get the service until you do pay.

If this was post-paid then things would be different but even then you wouldn't get reported to a credit agency for quite some time and especially not when it's the carrier's fault. 🙂

Need Help? Let's chat.